Phonak Audeo?
Feb 18, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #1,426 of 2,281
I guess I have a different view of the Klipsch X10 comfort, which to me with the bi-flange gels or single flange gels, either/or, are the most comfortable phones I own. Of course, the microphonics suck. But despite their deeper insertion, I only wish every IEM felt so invisible. I had the Custom 3s too, and the Images are way more comfortable. I guess the perception of pressure didn't bother me, not as much as the Shure triflanges with the W3s, for example, tri or modded to bi.

I didn't really care for the match of the gels with the PFEs, though, as I still find the Comply T130s or olives the best PFE sleeves (not a fan of the silicones).

Anyway, each to his own, I guess. But if the X10s sounded as good as the PFEs and didn't have their horrible microphonics, I'd switch in a second. Of course, I prefer the SQ of the PFEs (especially amped), so we're on the same side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiohui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
legendary comfort of what? klipsch?

they are overhyped, imho...i didn't find them terribly comfortable when i was using my custom-3's (despite still being the most comfortable in-ear's that i've owned at that time), and i think the phonaks are more comfortable by any standards (of mine)

from what i've read, you need to be luck to get a good seal with klipsch gels. while the oval shape might be good in theory, i personally didn't really like them. in fact, i ended up using ety's triple-flange-modded-to-dual-flange tips instead, because i just can't get a good seal. i'm surprised it's easier with the pfe's, maybe because they don't go as deep into the ear canal. i can't stand these dual flange tips on the c3, because they go in too far, due to the design of the in-ear's.

again, i'm now using the klipsch large dual flange tips, but ONLY for the better isolation, not for the comfort. It exerts a heavier pressure on my ear canal, reminding me they're there. not something you can't get used to though....

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #1,427 of 2,281
I guess I have a different view of the Klipsch comfort, which to me with the bi-flange gels or single flange gels, either/or, are the most comfortable phones I own. I am speaking of the Image X10s. Of course, the microphonics suck. But despite their deeper insertion, I only wish every IEM felt so invisible. I had the Custom 3s too, and the Images are more comfortable. I guess the perception of pressure didn't bother me, not as much as the Shure triflanges with the W3s, for example, tri or modded to bi.

SQ-wise, I didn't really care for the match of the gels with the PFEs, though, as I still find the Comply T130s or olives the best PFE sleeves (not a fan of the silicones).

Anyway, each to his own, I guess. But if the X10s sounded as good as the PFEs and didn't have their horrible microphonics, I'd switch in a second. Of course, I prefer the SQ of the PFEs (especially amped), so we're on the same side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiohui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
legendary comfort of what? klipsch?

they are overhyped, imho...i didn't find them terribly comfortable when i was using my custom-3's (despite still being the most comfortable in-ear's that i've owned at that time), and i think the phonaks are more comfortable by any standards (of mine)

from what i've read, you need to be luck to get a good seal with klipsch gels. while the oval shape might be good in theory, i personally didn't really like them. in fact, i ended up using ety's triple-flange-modded-to-dual-flange tips instead, because i just can't get a good seal. i'm surprised it's easier with the pfe's, maybe because they don't go as deep into the ear canal. i can't stand these dual flange tips on the c3, because they go in too far, due to the design of the in-ear's.

again, i'm now using the klipsch large dual flange tips, but ONLY for the better isolation, not for the comfort. It exerts a heavier pressure on my ear canal, reminding me they're there. not something you can't get used to though....

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #1,428 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I have a different view of the Klipsch X10 comfort, which to me with the bi-flange gels or single flange gels, either/or, are the most comfortable phones I own. Of course, the microphonics suck. But despite their deeper insertion, I only wish every IEM felt so invisible. I had the Custom 3s too, and the Images are way more comfortable. I guess the perception of pressure didn't bother me, not as much as the Shure triflanges with the W3s, for example, tri or modded to bi.

I didn't really care for the match of the gels with the PFEs, though, as I still find the Comply T130s or olives the best PFE sleeves (not a fan of the silicones).

haha...no problem...personally i really don't like foams, but that's just me
tongue.gif

i don't really mind the pressure either, just that i thought i'd mention that they feel different to the pfe's stock silicones :p

frankly i'm surprised that these klipsch dual flange seem to work better on the pfe's than the c3's.

i haven't tried the x10's to be honest but i've decided after wearing my first pair of over-the-ears iem (the ue sf3s) that i would never buy another pair of iem's that can't be worn over-the-ears.
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #1,431 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tried the shure olives yesterday. seem to muffled sound abit, isolation is superb improvement though.

comply tips still most comfortable and they are also the most expensive.

Try inverting the olives for the best seal. Agree, they do mess with the highs a little, but not too much to ruin the sound. In fact, they tone it down with the gray filters, which can be good.

Feb 18, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #1,432 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try inverting the olives for the best seal. Agree, they do mess with the highs a little, but not too much to ruin the sound. In fact, they tone it down with the gray filters, which can be good.

I can totally agree to this!

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #1,433 of 2,281
How does one invert the Shure Olives? Pics? :p

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #1,434 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does one invert the Shure Olives? Pics? :p

You draw a pentagram on the floor and chant something incomprehensible... errr.

You simply put them the other way round on the phones, with the rounded part away from your ear and the edgy part towards it.

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #1,435 of 2,281
putting them on "the wrong way round", i believe

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #1,436 of 2,281
I widen them with a pencil and compress the foam on the rounder side. Then they should just snap on it, like if mounted the normal way. It looks a little bit strangely, but not that much (sorry, can't do pics right now).

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #1,437 of 2,281
My audeos just arrived, first impression is very good.
This is the sound I was looking for... listening to them makes me smile
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks all for their feedback and thank you dfkt for a great review and letting me know about Phonak audeo PFE!

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #1,438 of 2,281
I received my iBasso D2 boa yesterday and am using the PFEs with the default grey filters and Complys provided with the earphones and they sound astounding.
bigsmile_face.gif

I'll have to pick up some Shure black olives just to see what all the fuss is about.
One question, though - since the pair of medium Complys fit perfect, what size of olives should I get?

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #1,439 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbluewater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my iBasso D2 boa yesterday and am using the PFEs with the default grey filters and Complys provided with the earphones and they sound astounding.
bigsmile_face.gif

I'll have to pick up some Shure black olives just to see what all the fuss is about.
One question, though - since the pair of medium Complys fit perfect, what size of olives should I get?

Yup, I've settled on that combo two (filter/tip) and when paired even with the lowly E5 it shows how well the pfe's can be pushed. Small olives are just about the same size as the med comply's.

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #1,440 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbluewater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

stick with medium they are very close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back