Phonak Audeo?
Feb 6, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #871 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by btnh47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my Phonaks Audeo's the other day and I already prefer them over both IE8's and W3's
smily_headphones1.gif

Heh grats on getting them.
beyersmile.png

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM Post #873 of 2,281
Has anyone tried the PFE unamped with a smartphone like the HTC Touch HD? (I don't plan to acquire an amp yet)

My concerns are:
1. Low volume (Do you need to max out the volume slider of the phone to make the PFE usable outdoors?)
2. Sound quality (Does the sound quality drop so much such that the PFE loses its value?)

Wish I could try them out for 14days, but such policies are practically non-existent here in Singapore.
ph34r.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #874 of 2,281
Are these phones good for listening to drum'n'bass (Pendulum), rock, a bit of metal (Lacuna Coil (has nice vocals as well as alot of heavy guitar and drums)), and a bit of pop music?
I'm looking for a replacement for my cx300's because I don't like the bloated bass, and want better sound quality. But don't get me wrong, I love a lot of bass, just not at the expense of important sound quality.

And do these have to be worn with the cord over the ear or can they also be worn comfortably the normal way?

Thanks
atsmile.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #875 of 2,281
Hey guys...i was about to pull the trigger on these...just wanted to ask a few question..
how much better are these coming from se210's ,specially in terms of bass??
how long do the filters last..and are save10 or save20 coupons still working..
icon10.gif

thanks

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #876 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by chong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried the PFE unamped with a smartphone like the HTC Touch HD? (I don't plan to acquire an amp yet)

My concerns are:
1. Low volume (Do you need to max out the volume slider of the phone to make the PFE usable outdoors?)
2. Sound quality (Does the sound quality drop so much such that the PFE loses its value?)

Wish I could try them out for 14days, but such policies are practically non-existent here in Singapore.
ph34r.gif

not even something like an fioo e5 which is tiny (ipod shuffle 2nd gen) and cheap (<20usd)? :p

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #877 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrealsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep i have the w3's as well but sold them off after getting the pfe's
smily_headphones1.gif

My well-documented dilemma is my wife bought the W3s or me, but I think if I wait a few months, I can sneak them out the door. I would be interested in trying out the IE8s, but I refuse to pay much more than $200 for an IEM, so that's not happening. There is one U.S. vendor who had the IE8s for $237, but out of stock. Anyway, that's not a big deal cause I also like the PFEs very much. When people tag me as a fanboy, or the PFEs as FoTM, my response is, who cares? If they tried the PFEs out, they might feel differently.

So far, two people I know on on Head-Fi have sent them back. One preferred his ER4P and the other bought the IE8s and preferred them, so he returned the PFE. Not a bad early track record.

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #880 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by btnh47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my Phonaks Audeo's the other day and I already prefer them over both IE8's and W3's
smily_headphones1.gif

Impressive comment!

But how well burned-in are your IE8s?

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #881 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by chong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My concerns are:

ph34r.gif

Yep 14 days exchange is only for US and canada, i however do have some insight, i have a touch HD as well and the sound quality is better than my iphone3g and ipod surprisingly but i had to sell it off cause no point pairing a mobile with an amp. Bass was tighter and soundstage wider. You can definitely pair PFE's with the touch HD.

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #882 of 2,281
Quote:

Yes they have very good clarity and details are almost on par with my er4's with warm and smooth mids. They need a good amp to drive them..they sound soft on my fuze and ipod too..pairing them now with d2 boa and i feel like im heaven right now...very good synergy between boa and PFE's
dt880smile.png

I agree about the amp. They are very good in quiet conditions and some DAPs (Sony, Touch 2G), but for the Clip and Zune, an amp pushes them into the excellent category (and also with Touch and LOD). And even an inexpensive amp like a CMOY or even an E5 is a good thing with the PFEs.

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #883 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Crysis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are these phones good for listening to drum'n'bass (Pendulum), rock, a bit of metal (Lacuna Coil (has nice vocals as well as alot of heavy guitar and drums)), and a bit of pop music?
I'm looking for a replacement for my cx300's because I don't like the bloated bass, and want better sound quality. But don't get me wrong, I love a lot of bass, just not at the expense of important sound quality.

And do these have to be worn with the cord over the ear or can they also be worn comfortably the normal way?

Thanks
atsmile.gif

Im much of a jazz/vocal/classical person but i do however have some JT's britney's and some R&B tracks and they perform very well with tight and punchy bass. They HAVE to be worn over the ear cause it's designed to fit perfectly and it's one of the most comfortable IEM i have tried.

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #884 of 2,281
Quote:

Yep 14 days exchange is only for US and canada, i however do have some insight, i have a touch HD as well and the sound quality is better than my iphone3g and ipod surprisingly but i had to sell it off cause no point pairing a mobile with an amp. Bass was tighter and soundstage wider. You can definitely pair PFE's with the touch HD.

What did you sell off? The PFEs? The iphone? A little confused. I also have a Touch (16GB, 2G) and the PFEs sound great with them, without an amp.

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #885 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My well-documented dilemma is my wife bought the W3s or me, but I think if I wait a few months, I can sneak them out the door. I would be interested in trying out the IE8s, but I refuse to pay much more than $200 for an IEM, so that's not happening. There is one U.S. vendor who had the IE8s for $237, but out of stock. Anyway, that's not a big deal cause I also like the PFEs very much. When people tag me as a fanboy, or the PFEs as FoTM, my response is, who cares? If they tried the PFEs out, they might feel differently.

So far, two people I know on on Head-Fi have sent them back. One preferred his ER4P and the other bought the IE8s and preferred them, so he returned the PFE. Not a bad early track record.

PFE's are still a bit low profile at the moment cause of availability and zero to little marketing but i do enjoy the fact knowing im one of the few sporting this good looking sweet sounding low profile IEMS. I can always fall asleep with them on and not worry about a thing as they fit so well and comfortable, hope i dont turn out dead one morning by strangulation from the wires haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back