Phonak Audeo (PFE) [Help]
Jun 30, 2009 at 8:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

odalanizi

New Head-Fier
Hiya Folks,

I recently entered the world of In-ear Monitors -- by purchasing the PFE's after some recommendations from users on this site.

Unfortunately, as soon as I opened the box; Someone was at the door and I went out for a chat and lost track of time. When I got back, my baby nephew had spilled water all over the user guides! thankfully he didn't pull the box down...

anyway, I don't really know what the pieces are for now. Can anyone weigh in?

Also, here are some questions:

-- Is there a "Beginners Guide" somewhere? I read that if you don't "install" the earphones correctly, they will sound not-very-impressive. This is what I'm getting now! They're extremely unimpressive and sound "weak"

-- I mainly bought them to use with my ARCHOS 5 but the volume is extremely low... I even plugged in a mini amp (Gary's PA2V2) and maxed all the settings and it was still very very low and weak.

I'm quite disappointed so far. I hope I'm doing something wrong...

anyone care to shed some light?

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #2 of 4
Here's a link to the userguide

What tips are you using? Make sure you get a good seal. The comply tips took a while for me to get used to, but they are by far the best. I find I have to turn the volume up for the PFEs on my zune more so compared to other IEMs. This may sound stupid, but make sure you're wearing them behind the ear as well.

Good luck!

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #4 of 4
Yeah the foam and comply are the same.

Look at the bottom of page 2 of the guide for pictures of how you're supposed to wear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back