Phoenix Spring Jam - Saturday April 23rd
Mar 25, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #78 of 120
Jeff, I'm posting a link to a post I just dropped in the Audio-gd forum. It has unboxing pictures of my new NFB-10WM. It definitely feels a little nicer in person than I was expecting or than it looks in pictures.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/519166/audio-gd-nfb-10/735#post_7362814

Mar 26, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #80 of 120
Huge.  LCD-2s and HE-5LEs.  I'm pumped.

Quote:
I just received my LCD-2 so I will have those for the meet along with the HE-5LE and the rest of my headphone list unless I quit being lazy and actually sell some stuff.

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #81 of 120
Quote:
Jeff, I'm posting a link to a post I just dropped in the Audio-gd forum. It has unboxing pictures of my new NFB-10WM. It definitely feels a little nicer in person than I was expecting or than it looks in pictures.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/519166/audio-gd-nfb-10/735#post_7362814

Congrats Dave. By now I imagine you have had an opportunity for some concentrated listening. Any first impressions?

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #82 of 120
Quote:
I just received my LCD-2 so I will have those for the meet along with the HE-5LE and the rest of my headphone list unless I quit being lazy and actually sell some stuff.

Color me jealous! I had a difficult time making a decision between the LCD-2 and HD-800. I'll look forward to an opportunity to compare the two!

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #83 of 120
I'm a very new audiophile, but I'd love to come if I'm welcome! I live a little bit away in Sierra Vista, AZ, but I'd love to come up there. I don't get much a chance to listen to any high end gear.

By the time of the meet I should have my very modified Grado SR-80i, a Matrix Cube DAC/AMP, possibly a Mini3 and a Sansa Clip+. If there's room, I could also bring my desktop with bitperfect digital out as my source for the Cube (as it usually is).

More than likely, no one would be too interested in any of this, but it's what I got, haha. Even if I don't bring gear, I would really love to stop in.

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #84 of 120
Everyone is welcome. There is plenty of room so please bring any gear you like as there is interest in all things audio.
wink.gif
See you there!

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #85 of 120
Just a few folks shared their impressions from our last meet. I hope everyone plans to take notes. Is anyone bringing a camera?

Apr 8, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #88 of 120
Hey all!!! Looking forward to the meet! And a chance to meet everyone.
Just had to share this, talking to friend and noticed a set of headphones in her car. I inquired about them and she found them at a yard sale for a couple dollars. I checked them out and they looked really old! I thought 70's. Did some research and found them in the Koss museum online. Looks like they are Koss model #SP3 first issued in 1959 and discontinued in 1963.
Here is a link, they are at the bottom of the page:
http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/kmuseum?openform&50s^Products
And my friend is being kind enough to let me bring them to the meet. 

PEACE

Mark M

Apr 9, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #90 of 120
Damn, I'm going to be in Florida that weekend. Maybe next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back