Phoenix Spring Jam - Saturday April 23rd
Jan 25, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #31 of 120
Quote:
Uncle Erik said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

April 23 works for me! I got the job I wanted down there (
smily_headphones1.gif
) but it'll have me pinned down through April 15. Accounting, of course. But the 23rd will be open and it'd be great to head over to Phoenix and meet the Arizona crew.

I'll bring as much as I can from my profile. Maybe not the turntable. Also, I might have two or three DIY amps finished by then. The Brute Force is close, and I really want to build the SESS with 417A/5842 tubes. Also, the Dynamid/Gilmore Reference just needs a balanced pot and casing.

After April 15th I'd bet you could use a break!

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #32 of 120
Oh, cool beans.

I'd definitely show up again, school permitting. I still don't have any real gear of my own to bring, but with a few months to go that may change.

Jan 27, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #33 of 120
Is it OK if I bring a friend? I got me some new headphones I would like to bring. Does it cost any money for us to attend?

Quote:
Apparently no takers? Alrighty the tentative date is April 23rd. I'll start scouting around for the venue.

Please post a message and let us know your coming and any gear you're bringing. I will reserve one table per person. Please let me know if you need an additional table.

Jan 27, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #34 of 120
I'll be there.  Ultrasone Pro 900, Ibasso D4, Matrix M Stage

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #35 of 120
Quote:
Is it OK if I bring a friend? I got me some new headphones I would like to bring. Does it cost any money for us to attend?

Yes there are costs hosting an event at most public venues. When a suitable venue is located, and a contractual vehicle is in place, I'll secure the venue with my credit card. Although not mandatory, I would appreciate any contributions to offset the expenses.

Friends are welcome to attend.

EDIT: revised my comments pertaining to costs.

Jan 28, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #36 of 120
I see. Hopefully it isn't too expensive. I only told one friend about it who wants to go. If at most I might take two friends, but just one for now.

Quote:
Quote:

Yes there are costs hosting an event at most public venues. When a suitable venue is located, and a contractual vehicle is in place, I'll secure the venue with my credit card. The final cost per member will not be known until we know how many members plan to attend. Once this is known (usually a couple weeks before the event) the costs are equally divided among the attendees. Last meet, for convenience, I established a PayPal account to collect the fee. I think it worked out very well for both the members and myself. It is my hope all attendees who agreed to attend, do pay their fair share of the costs, as I am responsible for all venue expenses.

Friends are welcome to attend. Now of course if you want to bring a herd of friends we should talk about that!
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #37 of 120
Just curious, is anyone bringing a Denon D5000/7000?

Jan 31, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #38 of 120
If school isn't too busy I'll try to make it.

I'll be bringing Earsonics Sm2, Sennheiser HD 555, and a Nuforce HDP.

I would love to hear an HD 600/650 any of Beyerdynamic's dt880's or 90's and any upper grado cans

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #40 of 120
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, and I look forward to hearing them in April 
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #42 of 120
I should be able to make it. Not sure how much gear I'll be bringing but I'll definitely bring whatever phones I have available at the time. Most likely HE-5LE, K701, DT-990 600, DT-880 250, Grado SR-225i, Markl D5000 and a big maybe on some LCD-2s. 

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #43 of 120
I'm going to have to be tentative, but hopeful, for now since this is pretty close to final exams I have scheduled at the end of April. If I can make it, I'll be bringing:

-Sennheiser HD 650 with Jenna Labs cable
-Nuforce Icon HDP with sigma 11 power supply and Acer laptop
-Onkyo ND-S1 iPod dock with digital outs and iPod 7g classic
-Sennheiser IE8
-Nuforce Udac2

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #44 of 120
Bringing: 

Macbook Pro 
External Hard Drive
120 ohm 1/8 to 1/4 adaptor  
SM Pro Q-AMP 4 channel headphone amp 
Behringer FCA202 Firewire D/A converter 
beyerdynamic DT48E 25 ohm 
Grado SR125 
Bose In Ear 
Alessandro MS1 
V-Moda Spin IEMs
Realistic Custom Pro (vintage Koss K/6 copy)

The more people that attend, the cheaper it will be. Hopefully we get a big turn out.  

Anyone who is thinking about going should just go. I can assure It is worth your time and money to be able to test the gear you are curious about. 

Feb 13, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #45 of 120
I'm down I'm hoping someone will bring me the glorious AKG k701/2's that I can try out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back