Phoenix Area! (Scottsdale, Tempe, ect.)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #32 of 122
Ok considering we have a fair amount of people here, my question is: how do we get this started?

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #33 of 122
Well, just a suggestion.  If downtown Phoenix is an okay area for everyone, the Phoenix Public Library's Burton Barr branch doesn't seem too bad.  Here's soom available rooms.

http://www.phoenixpubliclibrary.org/pageView.jsp?id=9850

Meeting rooms A and B seem to be a perfect fit and only at $10/hr.  Tables are available for rent, but if people already have some portable tables, we could use that.  We'd have to call, of course, to get more information.

Also, we would need to know everyones schedule and availability so we can start thinking about when to hold this event.

Nov 11, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #35 of 122
I'm good with downtown. Though I assume there will be some who
 Will leave for the holidays.

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #37 of 122
Okay, AZ head-fi'ers... Destroyall and myself have discussed a couple dates for the hopeful spring head-fi meet. Still in planning stages, but we were thinking perhaps Saturday Feb. 25th, or March 3rd? Let us know what works for you guys! PHX library is still the intended meeting place, at this point.

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #43 of 122
^Hmm I don't think that would be possible.  The 10th is a Friday and the Library seems to have those rooms booked that day.

Now for the 25th, here is what I did find out.  Meeting Room B at the Burton Barr Branch in Downtown PHX is available.  It can hold a max of 26 people, which is what the lady said.  I am pretty sure that shouldn't be a problem.  Due to obvious reasons, food and drinks will not be allowed.  However, water in water bottles is an exception.  There are only 5 tables available on rental, but I don't believe that should be an issue.  However, if it is, I am sure bringing a few more tables shouldn't be a problem.  I am thinking 2 hours max?  However, it is only $10/hr. so if you guys think we need like 4-5 hours, that can be arranged.  Buying/Selling IS NOT ALLOWED!

Meeting Room B is available, once again.  I am hoping I can make reservations sometime next week so if the majority is settled for the 25th, then the 25th it is.  Below is a link with a small picture of the room and below that, Meeting Room Guidelines.

http://www.phoenixpubliclibrary.org/pageView.jsp?id=9850

Thanks guys, and lets make this happen!!  =D

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #45 of 122
Update:

February is completely booked, so March is open.  Instead of 2 hours, however, I was thinking of having it for about 7 hours or so.  So it could either be from 9a-4p or 9:30a-4:30p.  That should be enough for people to get a good listen, a good time to set up.  Now the room doesn't look to huge.  Me and Coolzo took a trip to check it out and it is about the size of a living room per say (just enough for about 26 people and that's it).  I still think it should be fine and there will be available tables and chairs, like I have mentioned before in my previous post.  Now people might have to shar a table so please be aware of that, however I think more tables should be available if needed.

Is the first Saturday of March good enough for everyone?  I do apologize if people were looking forward to February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back