Phoenix Area! (Scottsdale, Tempe, ect.)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #16 of 122
Ahwatukee here. Only got basic equipment (Fiio, HD595, etc.). It'd be great to talk to other audio enthusiasts though as noone I know has any idea what the heck I am talking about. :p

Oct 1, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #17 of 122

Quote:
Ahwatukee here. Only got basic equipment (Fiio, HD595, etc.). It'd be great to talk to other audio enthusiasts though as noone I know has any idea what the heck I am talking about. :p

Hahaha, I feel the same way.

Oct 3, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #18 of 122
I correct myself, I just purchased a pair of MEElectronics M6 IEM's to use on the go when rollerblading. Still not much gear or really even a lot of can-hearing experience. Heh.

I honestly don't know how these meetups work exactly. Do you just bring your gear and share it with others to audition, as well as discuss the finer details of audiophilia?

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #19 of 122
Normally, you bring your gear, set it up at a table, and then walk around to other people's stations so that you can try out the gear you would like to, as they do the same.  Sometimes food/drink is brought, other times it isn't.  It is okay to attend if you don't have any gear to contribute, as meets are a great way to get someone new into the hobby and we all don't mind sharing our gear

Oct 10, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #21 of 122
I'm in the Maryvale Phoenix area.  All I have is the M-Audio Fast Track USB running my HD280 Pros for now.  However, I would love to see and hear what others have.  Been looking to get another set of cans soon.

Welcome to the club!

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #22 of 122
Hi there. Glad to see some new faces in the area posting. We have held two fairly significant meets over the last few years with the most recent being about six months ago or so if I recall correctly. I have had several mini meets already with three to five head-fiers since then. Feel free to drop me a line.

-Dave

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #23 of 122
Oct 11, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #25 of 122

Quote:
Thanks!  I think it would be awesome if we had a large meet up like those in the links.  I hope a date and location can be set soon!!

x2
beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #26 of 122
Missing out on CanJam makse me want to make this meet happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back