Philphone

Is Philphone legit?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 30, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #32 of 50
Ah! Wish I had seen this thread earlier, I missed you at canjam. :frowning2:

Probably just as well, I’d have just bugged you to let me demo the Phil phone!

I’ve heard nothing but good things about it, and for those on the fence, all of my past interaction with Phil has been great and ‘legit.’
Maybe next time! I will be going to NYC in February, and I am excited for Dallas when that happens too (especially since I won't need to fly out anywhere for that one haha).

Nov 30, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #33 of 50
Maybe next time! I will be going to NYC in February, and I am excited for Dallas when that happens too (especially since I won't need to fly out anywhere for that one haha).
I’ll make a point to harass you to come to SoCal for 2023 :). Really had a good time this year and got to try some awesome gear and put a face to many great headfi people.

Jan 24, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #34 of 50
Anyone have a pad swap recommendation?

Oct 2, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #35 of 50
Enjoying my PhilPhone, very well tuned and love the custom color.

IMG_1731.jpeg

Oct 19, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #39 of 50
Would you do a bit more detailed description on the sound signature and technicalities, please!?
+1 for this.

I couldn't find the impedance and sensitivity for these. Can someone please point me to that info?

Oct 20, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #40 of 50
+1 for this.

I couldn't find the impedance and sensitivity for these. Can someone please point me to that info?
I featured the Philphone here and gave a brief description.

Impedance is gonna depend which you get. Stock is 24 ohms but you can upgrade to 300 ohms for an extra $75 if you want OTL tube amp compatibility. Sensitivity is trickier to nail down, but I found it very easy to drive. No volume issues out of an iPhone dongle.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Oct 20, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #41 of 50
I featured the Philphone here and gave a brief description.

Impedance is gonna depend which you get. Stock is 24 ohms but you can upgrade to 300 ohms for an extra $75 if you want OTL tube amp compatibility. Sensitivity is trickier to nail down, but I found it very easy to drive. No volume issues out of an iPhone dongle.
Thanks for the link. Your description clears a lot of questions.

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #42 of 50
PHILPHONE.png

Greetings everyone.

Just wanted to report that the Philphone is, indeed, very legit! My unit arrived yesterday and I've absolutely been loving it! This is definitely among the very best headphones I've ever listened to and is very likely to rank as my favorite dynamic driver set.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #43 of 50
Such high praise! I really appreciate it and I'm glad they're finally in your hands. I see you've got quite the list of gear and I'm happy my headphones have a spot in it too.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #44 of 50
PHILPHONE.png

Greetings everyone.

Just wanted to report that the Philphone is, indeed, very legit! My unit arrived yesterday and I've absolutely been loving it! This is definitely among the very best headphones I've ever listened to and is very likely to rank as my favorite dynamic driver set.
How does it compare to other headphones you own ?

Mar 29, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #45 of 50
How does it compare to other headphones you own ?
We've discussed this on Sonic Visions. (My Discord username is ETURNA.) :)

At the moment it's definitely my favorite open-back headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back