Philosophical discourse on attainable Utopia
Oct 17, 2004 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ricks584

New Head-Fier
Sex is over too quick.
Money never satisfies.
Drugs have awful crashes.
Alcohol alone is a utopian endeavor but is not focused.
Music alone is nearly always good and is a highly focused activity.
Music plus alcohol equals bliss: focused; easilly and readily attainable; exquisite perfection (assuming you have a high-end rig, ha ha)
One cure to upgradeaholism is combining audio and alcohol (assuming your present system is of sufficient resolving ability); you become immersed in and obsessed by the sound; thoughts of upgrading only intrude when you are sober.
Balance in all is necessary, I asume.
Why doesn't my amp have a balance control???

Oct 17, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 12
Maybe it's all about synergy; matching the drink to the music.

Oct 17, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricks584
Sex is over too quick.
Money never satisfies.
Music plus alcohol equals bliss: focused; easilly and readily attainable; exquisite perfection (assuming you have a high-end rig, ha ha)
One cure to upgradeaholism is combining audio and alcohol (assuming your present system is of sufficient resolving ability); you become immersed in and obsessed by the sound; thoughts of upgrading only intrude when you are sober.

Upgradaholism may be replaced by alcoholism depending on your body though
frown.gif

And don't forget the water to prevent hangovers
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 17, 2004 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 12
Zach- Thanks. I'm quite careful about replentishing the ice cubes in my Cointreau; I find that this particular drink must be kept ice cold. Should my drink become a bit diluted (and it does, on occasion), I merely consider it a sacrifice to the hangover gods, and quickly drain the glass.

Oct 18, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Sex is over too quick.

That's why you go back for more. There's nothing wrong with having sex 5 times in one day.

Quote:

Money never satisfies.

Maybe, but it can buy many forms of satisfaction.

Quote:

According to medical texts, it varies. Some have no withdrawal symptoms, others (cocaine comes to mind) are pretty brutal.

Quote:

Depends on the music.

Quote:

Relaxing for sure, and takes the edge off, but I find it's not as focused as sober listening.

Quote:

And then you trip over your amp, and/or drop your headphones, and/or knock the CD player off the shelf doing air guitar, and well, you get the idea....
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Because that's only available in the upgraded model.
tongue.gif

Oct 18, 2004 at 12:31 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Sex is over too quick.
Money never satisfies.

Wow, it's not only your amp that seems to lack a balance control.

Oct 18, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyears
Wow, it's not only your amp that seems to lack a balance control.

Somehow, I suspect that one must sometimes forgo a finely tuned balance while in the pursuit of perfection. Why allow one's self to be concerned with inconsequential matters while gazing into the maw of eternal bliss?? Better a straight signal path than one corrupted by the devious twists and turns imposed by some external arbiter of what is right and wrong (or, as it may be, right and left).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back