Phillips SACD 1000
Feb 7, 2003 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

cjc

100+ Head-Fier
I bought one of these about a month ago and think it is very good at redbook. It seems to mix well with either of my Creek OBH-11/MG Head OTL amps and Senn HD580/Beyer Dt831's cans combinations.
My previous Rotel and Onkyo CDP's sounded good but this player is MORE soothing to the ears during long listening sessions.
Does anybody else own one on this board? How do you like/dislike it?

Feb 7, 2003 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi cjc,

I bought one about the same time as you, and I've been enjoying it as well. It's really smooth isn't it? I think it compliments my marantz amp nicely as well. I don't know how it compares with the 963 or anything, since I've never heard it, but I think it is pretty good at redbook in it's own right. The only thing I didn't like about it was the ticking sound, but I think I've gotten that under control now. (and for those of you who read the other thread where I mentioned this, the socks are gone, heheh)

For those of you who are interested, I took a couple of pictures of the inside of the SACD1000 and my Marantz 140 power amp. I haven't developed the film yet, but if there is enough interest, I will scan them and post them when I get the roll developed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back