Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread
Sep 25, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #1,055 of 2,061
  Here it is finally! A detailed video on how to correctly install the Brainwavz HM5 pads on the SHP9500's!
Check it out: https://youtu.be/VW2txDV5UNQ

GoodWork Captain Duck

thx for sharing

the white hm5 looks superb, these drivers are very friendly with deep pads and the subbass for an open phone is just surprisingly good
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #1,056 of 2,061
Here it is finally! A detailed video on how to correctly install the Brainwavz HM5 pads on the SHP9500's!
Check it out: https://youtu.be/VW2txDV5UNQ

Nice tutorial. I just put on Shure 1540 Alcantara pads after watching it because I could....actually like them on the SHP9500, very complimentary in sound to my TH-X00 Purplehearts and the comfort is NICE. Perfect fit too...no cutting required at all, easy to stretch over and secure as well. Bass seems better/more present than with stock pads, mids are fine and still good - maybe a tad reduced, though think it tamed highs a tad bit and took just a little bit of clarity... I rather like the stock highs on the SHP9500's. These are my gaming headphones anyways, so more concerned with comfort, having an overall clean sound, and positioning information...will try them out tomorrow evening in Destiny to level up my Titan running through Rise of Iron story.

i-G8qK5qX-3072x2304.jpg

i-4sZjjRL-3072x2304.jpg

Oct 5, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #1,057 of 2,061
I got the SHP9500S versions, seems to be the ninja release of OG SHP9500.. I almost thought it was fake :|

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #1,058 of 2,061
I peeled the foam off the back of the fabric of the 1540 pads for better clarity and detail...much better now. Also 'Sharpied' out the L and R on the grilles... does look better I think:

Only thing I have left is replacing the stock headband cushion with a headband strap... thinking of going with the one from MrSpeakers for the T50RP...should be nice enough, and all I need to do is punch 2 holes on each end for mounting it (and trim any excess off).

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #1,059 of 2,061
With good recordings, I'm really enjoying listening to the SHP9500 phones.

I directly connect the phones to Chromecast Audio and find the sound to be excellent.

At 10% Chromecast Audio volume they are surprisingly loud and the nuances of the source material really shines through.

I would buy the SHP9500 and Chromecast Audio again without feeling the need to audition other phones or DACs.

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #1,062 of 2,061
  Question for those who have owned the SHP9500's for a while now...

How does the sound change overtime with burn-in? I just bought these, currently being shipped so haven't listened to them yet. 

So far I've heard the highs out of the box can be harsh but mellow in time but nothing else.

They don't really change actually. And generally they're not really affected that much by burn in.

The sibilance is still there, the soundstage is the same and the best part is they really show themselves in time as being very sturdy. Great build.

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #1,064 of 2,061
There more enjoyable, a lot more comfortable. I have a big head though. Sound is more open, sub bass is better. Honestly I'm not a big fan of my HD600s I bought them because of all the praise and I was greatly diissapointed. Idk maybe I have more commercial ears so to speak. The 600s sound almost muffled to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back