Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread
Oct 1, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #545 of 2,061
Oct 1, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #546 of 2,061
SHP9500 is now discontinued

It shows up as one of 16 "current products" at Philips Hong Kong, so I suspect that it has not been discontinued in all markets.  You may check this by going to http://www.philips.com.hk/en/c-p/SHP9500_00/hifi-stereo-headphones and clicking on "Find similar products" to get the list of current products (in the "Indoor Headphones" category).  The web site shows a list price of HKD1,499, which is about USD190,  There are some documents linked to the product page. The declaration of conformity was published July 23, 2013 and the leaflet is dated 2013-12-15.

Oct 1, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #547 of 2,061
  Zeos' hype piece???

The video where he called it better than the HD 600:

It shows up as one of 16 "current products" at Philips Hong Kong, so I suspect that it has not been discontinued in all markets.  You may check this by going to http://www.philips.com.hk/en/c-p/SHP9500_00/hifi-stereo-headphones and clicking on "Find similar products" to get the list of current products (in the "Indoor Headphones" category).  The web site shows a list price of HKD1,499, which is about USD190,  There are some documents linked to the product page. The declaration of conformity was published July 23, 2013 and the leaflet is dated 2013-12-15.

On Amazon and Newegg it's only available from overseas sellers for $120+ now. They were $45-60 not very long ago.

Oct 1, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #549 of 2,061
The video where he called it better than the HD 600:

On Amazon and Newegg it's only available from overseas sellers for $120+ now. They were $45-60 not very long ago.

Thanks. Glad I got mine when I did.

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #553 of 2,061
Hopefully the discontinuation means Philips is replacing the SHP9500 with something better. Something with more bass and thicker, less sweaty, replaceable pads.

Maybe, but I wouldnt hold my hopes up too much. X2 is going to be discontinued too, soon I believe. Thus making me believe that they may make something better but not cheap or cost cheap. With the name they are making for themselves lately, their ego's must be through the roof right now lol. Im sure we wont see any new headphones from Philips with prices we regularly see. Though thats usually in the beginning of every new line of headphones. If an X3 comes out in which in can scale better with amps, like an HD600....I can surely see it cost around the 350 mark or so, maybe more....same with the SHP series...We probably will get something better but wont cost as low as 45 anymore.

Thats just my opinion and seeing how prices fluctuate ever since I was lurking around here (2013)

Oct 2, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #554 of 2,061
X2 is going to be discontinued too, soon I believe.

Really? Do you have any info about this or is it just a feeling? Because they've been out for less than a year and basically haven't budged from their $300 MSRP except on Prime Day, nothing which would indicate to me that they're gonna be discontinued soon.

And I agree about Philips possibly making higher-end cans like a hypothetical Fidelio X3. Hopefully they've been working on it for a while and aren't just rushing it to market to ride the current wave of hype surrounding their products.

Oct 2, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #555 of 2,061
Really? Do you have any info about this or is it just a feeling? Because they've been out for less than a year and basically haven't budged from their $300 MSRP except on Prime Day, nothing which would indicate to me that they're gonna be discontinued soon.

And I agree about Philips possibly making higher-end cans like a hypothetical Fidelio X3. Hopefully they've been working on it for a while and aren't just rushing it to market to ride the current wave of hype surrounding their products.

Well all I know is that in the X2 thread, some have tried sourcing replacement pads for their X2 with customer service telling them they dont make them anymore since the headphone has been discontinued or been stopped of production. Dont know how all this works out but I think they mass produced the X1 and X2 in large batches, hence why there are still several of them around.

Im not 100% sure if they are soon to be discontinued but I wouldnt be surprised either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back