Philips SBC HP890
Jun 18, 2004 at 3:09 PM Post #16 of 18
Chamix,

please give your further impressions on Philips HP 1000 as you listen to them. Not many people have actually bought a pair, but the cans been quite favourable reviewed in the Swedish Hifi press.

Jun 19, 2004 at 10:32 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by chamix
Can someone tell me somthing about Philips HP 1000 vs. Philips HP890?

Yes, i can!, the hp1000 is a bit brighter than the hp890 and has less bass (you can get it on the same level but it requires either a good low ohm amp or a bass boost, but there is enough bass to satisfy anyone)the mids are better, and the treble is less harch.

The soundstage is waaaay larger than the hp890,the hp 1000 is also more comfortable (hp890 clamps a bit) and it's more open infact it is very very open
biggrin.gif
, sound leaks out like hell.

The last point is that the hp1000 is not as fatiguing as the hp890. Both headphones can be driven without an amp but the hp1000 requires a bit more power.

I would only recommend the hp890 over the hp1000 if you need lots of bass(hp890 has to much bass in my opinion, that's also why it is so fatiguing) or becouse it is cheaper (some also prefere the design over the hp1000).

Jun 20, 2004 at 12:45 PM Post #18 of 18
Drake, thank you very much for responding and your detailed description. I can deduce therefore, that my brother should better take the HP 1000. Your mpressions shows once again to me, that judgement in most (german) Hifi Magazines are less helpfully as expected and needed.
rolleyes.gif

helcyon, hope you have now a better idea about HP1000 soundquality. Unfortuanatly i have to wait a few more days for my used Creek amp (dont know if i like it, but it must be better than my AV-Receiver from headphone jack wich sounds limited overall). So i think at the end of the week i can say more about the HP 1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back