Philips new DH product information
Oct 12, 2003 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

sfxjames

100+ Head-Fier
If anyone has any information leading to HP1500 or HD1500
feel free reply here.

Also if anyone wishes to make any general statements direct torwards philips headphones or wireless headphones feel free to sound off as well.

So far we know that these headphones are semi-open, and have a fregency response of 5-40,000 hz. The wireless have the same response as the pioneer.

Are philips headphones (wired or wireless) the best at most applications music, gaming, films?

Nov 13, 2003 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 12
This message is from DrFrip from Headwize who also lives very close to the factory itself and tried to order the HP1500.

He states--

Well well, let me continue this thread under a different note and tone, for some things have aggrivated me big time the past few weeks. It's been weeks now since I expected my Philips unit to arrive, but I didn't hear a thing about it. I started to get a bit nervous because I know Philips' reputation when it comes to newly released products from experience. So I called the store where I ordered the HP1500, they called Philips and then a Philips salesman told us that they had difficulties with delivery of the product and it will now arrive in Week 7 of friggin 2004!
*******, now this is typical of the way Philips handles it's customers: they like to fool around for years thinking up some nifty appliance, advertise it everywhere and then just not sell it for another year! Everybody who really likes the product and wants to buy it for whatever price, is told to go straight to Hell (aka the waiting room). I live next to the freaking factory where they develop their stuff, but hey, 'command "deliver" not recognized'!

Anyway, anyone who wants this unit can simply forget about it now for it will take Philips months or maybe even a year to get their act together. And then they will probably do the same for another product, because I had exactly the same problem with some telephone system I once wanted to order.

It's all hype folks, nothing more. And I'm very disappointed now.

I guess it might be a long wait.

Consider this.

I'm sure even if Philips sounded better it would not be the correct DH image therefore the HP1500 would fail requirements.

Nov 13, 2003 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 12
Too bad on the postponement of the Phillips...

That just means that Pioneer and perhaps Denon will be selling more of their units this holiday
smily_headphones1.gif

John

Nov 13, 2003 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 12
The Philips HP 1000 is already avaliable in Brazilian stores, but not the Dolby processors. Philips as a company in Brazil sucks just as much as anywhere else or perhaps worse. They advertised the HP 890s but never ever sold it! The Philips helpdesk had not the slightest clue about that product and told people to 'find Philips headphones on the best stores everywhere'. Meanwhile, only cheap, sh#tty Philips cans were avaliable.

Cheers,
Alex Altorfer
580smile.gif

Nov 13, 2003 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 12
Aawwww.....come on guys. You didn't actually expect products to be out on time, did you? And one should also know not to buy stuff fresh from the lab. Always wait for quite a few reviews and/or version 1.x, with x>0.

But I shouldn't rant here as I've made the same mistake quite a few times and probably will in future.

Maybe something more constructive now: Wouldn't it be relatively easy and reasonably cheap to build a small, quiet PC that does all the DVD-playing, DD decoding and DH encoding? Maybe not for everybody but I guess feature-wise it would be fine.

Nov 14, 2003 at 6:59 PM Post #8 of 12
Oh, my,

the horror...
eek.gif

So comparing let's say the durability to the philips vs. the pioneer

would be like comparing a solid peice of woven sticks,

to a solid piece of woven steel.

This is only speculation.
tongue.gif

Nov 17, 2003 at 8:36 PM Post #10 of 12
The HP1500 leaflet that was present on the press download area was (c) 2004.

Seems that the late October release date was not realistic, time to mock up a leaflet, someone said make it copyright 2004.

Mushroom policy as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back