Philips HP-910 Ebay Scam?
Dec 8, 2002 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

wallstreet

100+ Head-Fier
Does this look like a scam to you?
HP-910 $29

I know you can get these real cheap in other countries, but I'm begining to wonder. I really hope is isn't a scam, because i just bought it on impulse
frown.gif
. The more I look at it though, thats what it looks like. What do you guys think?

Dec 8, 2002 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 10
just pay using paypal and get their buyer's insurance so if he tries to lowball you, you have the option of charging back and screwing his low life ebay ass!

Dec 11, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 10
Good News. I'm almost positive it’s not a scam now. She has already shipped the cans via UPS and I have a tracking number to verify it.

I got really suspicions when she had horrible spelling when email me, but apparently she must be foreign and have English as a second language. That’s probably how she got these Philips cans for so cheap. While the 890s are better sounding than the 910 to most, but she said she couldn't get the 890s ... hell for $40 shipped, who gives a damn!

Now my only minor concern is that they aren't exactly what she said they were ... but she had home-taken pictures of the cans unopened in their packaging. I just wished I had them sent here to my apartment instead of home, because it’s still a week and a half until I can go home
frown.gif
. I guess they would be distracting during finals week though
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 11, 2002 at 5:01 AM Post #5 of 10
Wallstreet,

Make sure to let everyone here know whether or not they come in as advertised!! We might have to keep an eye out on this lady if she can get stuff cheap to supply our audio habit that is never satisfied!!!

Dec 11, 2002 at 5:05 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Make sure to let everyone here know whether or not they come in as advertised!! We might have to keep an eye out on this lady if she can get stuff cheap to supply our audio habit that is never satisfied!!!

Will Do!

Hell, if these cans are what they are suppose to be, I might be ordering a few spare myself
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2002 at 5:11 AM Post #7 of 10
For a mere $40 these may become the next JVC buy a pair just for fun craze to sweep thru Head-Fi country!! I ordered a pair of the JVC, but thank God they cancelled my order after selling out!!

Dec 11, 2002 at 7:23 AM Post #8 of 10
you did good! excellent bargain. enjoy your cans.

and next time please PM me with such a deal if they have more than one. thanks.
-wal

Dec 11, 2002 at 8:51 PM Post #9 of 10
The person is actually selling them again if you want to pick up the deal. They are $39 a piece if you choose to buy it now. Just search for HP 910 on ebay ... the person who is selling them is getemdirect@hotmail.com.

Personally, I would wait until i can confirm they are what they are suppose to be, before placing a bid ... but they are scheduled to get to my house (back home ... im at college right now) tomorrow ... but I won't get to go home for another week
frown.gif

Dec 11, 2002 at 10:04 PM Post #10 of 10
too late.
mad.gif
i ordered them. and here i was thinking that they were Beyer DT931s. damn. no, no. don't ask. oh, well, they're supposed to be easily driven by portables, have a nice bass and high end, so maybe I won't have too much trouble unloading them. they just better not sound like my grados. anyone want to buy a pair of Grados for $60? - you have to get new bowl pads, though. guess it's time I put the SR80s in the For Sale section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back