Philips Headphones
Aug 30, 2003 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kahnza

New Head-Fier
I have been reading on this nice forum for the last couple of days and decided to register to ask a question. I have a pair of Philips HP550 cans. I think they have good mids and nice amount of bass. But maybe are a little light in the highs department. What do you guys think of these? Take it easy on me, I'm still a headphone newb.
wink.gif

ROCK ON!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 6
I think the hp550's are pretty good for the price. But now that I have the hp195, which I think uses the same drivers as the hp170, I'm not sure whether I'd ever go back to the hp550.

Sep 7, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 6
i have a pair of hp890s amped with a Meta42, and they're actually quite good. I don't know anything about the 550s though. I just bought a pair of sr-325s, and the hp890s fares well against them. The sr-325s are definitely better, but considering the price difference, the hp890s do quite well.

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #6 of 6
HI: The PHILLIPS 890s are a great fun to listen to can with a HUGH sound stage but really need an amp like a meta42 to be at their best. They still are not as good as other main headphones but are more fun to listen to because you can just enjoy them with out getting to caught up in the music. You sort of enjoy the Hugh sound stage and fun sound. And fore what you pay for them they are then a great headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back