Philips Fidelio X3
Oct 16, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #1,816 of 1,964
Oct 16, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #1,817 of 1,964
I see you have the X3 as well as the P20, do you have this adapter yourself? It looks like the X3 balanced cabling may be propietary.
The wiring of the X3 is not proprietary but rather unusual. But this is only true on the cup side. The 2.5mm that you plug in your amp is completely standard.

So, yes it would work fine with that adapter and I use something very similar, except mine is a 4.4mm to dual XLR so I have another adapter in between the X3 and this one.

I think since I have bought the P20 I have always listen to it balanced. The sound quality you get for the price from this device is amazing.

One last piece of advice, you should consider the Dekoni Suede pads for the X3. They just sound so much better with that simple addition.

Oct 18, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #1,820 of 1,964
Got the X3 today and while plugging in the left and right connections I notice one side has a nice satifying snap\click sound to it and the other has a vague feel to it with not a hint of a click or snap. The 1\4" adapter also has a nice click sound...
Makes me wonder if the connection will have issues in the future.

Oct 21, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #1,821 of 1,964
So these do sound exquisite though, I wasn't expecting the sound quality I'm getting with these. They sounded pretty good out of my SS Keces amp but really bloom and produce beautiful rich sound from my Monolith tube amp. I listened back to back against my HE400i and preferred the X3 on the particular disc that was playing.
Really have just begun to get into them but so far I am really impressed! Wish they were a little more demanding on the amps though as you only have a very small amount of volume dial to deal with even on low gain.

Nov 29, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #1,823 of 1,964
They sound fantastic from my Xduoo MT-602 as well as my Loxjie P20.
SMSL SU-8 DAC

Jan 27, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #1,825 of 1,964
So, just as I thought, the cable has been giving me issue's lately! I have emailed Philips now lets see what the customer service is like...
The cable is awful on these btw, way too long and the termination of the cable vs the adaptor is embarrassing to look at!
Superlux does a better job.

"Got the X3 today and while plugging in the left and right connections I notice one side has a nice satifying snap\click sound to it and the other has a vague feel to it with not a hint of a click or snap. The 1\4" adapter has a nice click sound...
Makes me wonder if the connection will have issues in the future."

Feb 2, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #1,827 of 1,964
No grain here. I'm using a NAD C542 as source feeding my Maverick Audio DAC in return feeding a Monoprice Monolith amp (77' Ratheon 6080, Photon drivers). Sound is actually quite impressive and I'm a recovering audiophile! Bass is clean, great texture to the mids and clear grain free highs on this system. I have several pairs of full size cans and can say as of right now these are my go to hp. I’ve been listening to them at least 75% of the time.
Unfortunately I’ve had some cable issues and Philips has not yet responded so although I really enjoy these they may be my last pair of Philips headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #1,828 of 1,964
Got the X3 today and while plugging in the left and right connections I notice one side has a nice satifying snap\click sound to it and the other has a vague feel to it with not a hint of a click or snap. The 1\4" adapter also has a nice click sound...
Makes me wonder if the connection will have issues in the future.
I am starting to have some issues with the jack you described. I did buy an LCD-1 cable to get something a bit less ridiculous than the included one. It works fine, but one side seems to be getting looser and looser. If I turn my head too fast the cable can come out. Such a shame because I had the 2HR's forever and I don't think these will last more than a few more months. Seems like these were rushed or just poorly engineered. I wish they would put out a rev 2 with a normal connector, but I have a feeling they will just abandon these.

Mar 7, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #1,829 of 1,964
I am starting to have some issues with the jack you described. I did buy an LCD-1 cable to get something a bit less ridiculous than the included one. It works fine, but one side seems to be getting looser and looser. If I turn my head too fast the cable can come out. Such a shame because I had the 2HR's forever and I don't think these will last more than a few more months. Seems like these were rushed or just poorly engineered. I wish they would put out a rev 2 with a normal connector, but I have a feeling they will just abandon these.
I unfortunately have to agree. What's really irritating is Philips didn't even respond (beyond the automatic responses) to my concerns with the connector.
I even told them I was a member here and no one from Philips ever got back to me. Too bad because it's a fantastic sounding headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back