Philips fidelio l1, Vmoda m100s or Sony mdr 1r?
Jan 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

vivalacarlo

Head-Fier
Out of the 3, i only tried the 1r's and i can say that it's bass is as flat as i can go without being unsatisfied with the headphones. I picked these three because of the looks (yeah i know its a bad thing but being a teenager in NYC is very tough) since i get looks going outside with my sony xb800s. I also picked them because I finally want a headphone that is somewhat high fidelity but i also wanted it to be a bit bass heavy. So out of the 3 headphones, which has the punchiest bass? 

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 9
Based on your previous post and headphones I think the M100 is the better headphone for you. It's more efficient, portable and has better isolation. The L1 is one of my favorite headphone, but to get the bass you want you'll need an amp. I'm a pretty big basshead and the bass on the L1 does satisfy me but it require some juice.

I suggest you look into the UE 6000 if the price for the M100 more than what you want to spend.

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
Based on your previous post and headphones I think the M100 is the better headphone for you. It's more efficient, portable and has better isolation. The L1 is one of my favorite headphone, but to get the bass you want you'll need an amp. I'm a pretty big basshead and the bass on the L1 does satisfy me but it require some juice.

I suggest you look into the UE 6000 if the price for the M100 more than what you want to spend.

Can a portable amp boost up the L1's bass? Will it be punchy bass? I really like how the L1 looks but i was afraid that it might not have enough bass although i could somewhat be satisfied if i can amp up it's bass to a satisfactory level, lol. Is the punchiness lacking without an amp?

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
Can a portable amp boost up the L1's bass? Will it be punchy bass? I really like how the L1 looks but i was afraid that it might not have enough bass although i could somewhat be satisfied if i can amp up it's bass to a satisfactory level, lol. Is the punchiness lacking without an amp?

For me the bass is pretty good, turning the bass up on my FiiO E11 does give me some satisfying bass, with good impact.
I'm listening to Master P (Burbons and Lacs) right now and the bass hits pretty hard. It will give you more bass than the MDR-1R
I do suggest you listen to it before you buy.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
For me the bass is pretty good, turning the bass up on my FiiO E11 does give me some satisfying bass, with good impact.
I'm listening to Master P (Burbons and Lacs) right now and the bass hits pretty hard. It will give you more bass than the MDR-1R
I do suggest you listen to it before you buy.

Do you know any place where i can listen to them? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back