Philips Fidelio L1 (upcoming headphone)
Jan 28, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #196 of 246
In early February i ll probably buy the L1, but we still don't have specific dates for Europe concerning the M1 and the Downtown :frowning2:

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #197 of 246
Yes we do. March. :wink:

I'm very interested in what the M1 can do, but it seems pointless to have both, M1 and L1. I doubt I can resist, though, and I will definitely pick up the Downtown for my wife. i think I found my sound preference with the Philips. Stupid company, should have entered the business sooner, grrrr.

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #198 of 246

Quote:
Yes we do. March. :wink:

We are always delayed in France
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Stupid company, should have entered the business sooner, grrrr.

You should have bought some Philips headphones before, 'cause Philips make headphone since long time,lol. They aren't the best, but they have very good quality/price.

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #200 of 246
I was just watching Tyll video of the philips lifestyle products and he said that the stretch headphone is "pretty good sounding". Well I have the stretch headphone which I bought a year ago and wondering if its possible that the "New stretch headphone" has a different sound quality to them now. 

From me hearing that he said it was "pretty good sounding" means to me (who never owned any high quality headphones) that the headphone is "great". 
 When I listen to them I feel as if the high ad mid is recess especially the mids. The mids seem too "closed" and recessed.

Just wanted to know because I was thinking about getting the zx700 and the z1000 just because I really like the zx500. However it seems like some people are saying that the fidelio l1 and the citiscape downtown are better than the zx700 and the z1000.

Last question how is the citiscape uptown? Is the downtown better and how?

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #201 of 246

Quote:
I was just watching Tyll video of the philips lifestyle products and he said that the stretch headphone is "pretty good sounding". Well I have the stretch headphone which I bought a year ago and wondering if its possible that the "New stretch headphone" has a different sound quality to them now. 

From me hearing that he said it was "pretty good sounding" means to me (who never owned any high quality headphones) that the headphone is "great". 
 When I listen to them I feel as if the high ad mid is recess especially the mids. The mids seem too "closed" and recessed.

Just wanted to know because I was thinking about getting the zx700 and the z1000 just because I really like the zx500. However it seems like some people are saying that the fidelio l1 and the citiscape downtown are better than the zx700 and the z1000.

There is a possibility that they might have changed the sound. But I'm thinking that maybe the Sonys are more suited for you? That your preferences are better compatible with the Sonys, rather than Philips having changed the sound signature on their part. Of course, it could also be a mixture of both..

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #202 of 246

Quote:

Nah, "pretty good sounding," just means "pretty good sounding" for a headphone of that price and type.

I'd say the Sony MDR-EX700 is of similar caliber. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #203 of 246

Quote:

is the stretch one of the O'neil line up? because Joker just reviewed one of them and it was positive, would have been perfect with a higher not on sound but OK at the end

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #204 of 246

Quote:
is the stretch one of the O'neil line up? because Joker just reviewed one of them and it was positive, would have been perfect with a higher not on sound but OK at the end

It is. and yea they do seem good but not great. Bass seems a bit muddy or slow and the highs are recessed.

If the L1 and the downtown is nothing like the stretch then I would probably get them. I think philips is great with their headphones considering the price that goes along with the headphones.

Also EQing the headphone to the treble booster on ur ipod in my opinion makes it sound better.

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #207 of 246

I might have the older version...if there actually was such a thing.  They are a cool concept and extremely comfortable.  The sound is very average.  Pretty good bass, but Philips completely forgot about the mids.  Very recessed in my opinion.  They are also pretty muffled sounding in general.  They really need some heavy EQ to bring out some potential. 
Quote:

Feb 14, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #209 of 246

Quote:
Got word yesterday that I'll be receiving the M1, L1, Downtown, and Bend in about a week. Measurements soon!

Hi,

I don't know if this violates forum decorum but i'm gonna [somewhat] hijack the thread for a direct question:

Amperior vs. L1, for business trip usage (planes, airports, hotel rooms, lengthy on-site stays in accommodation away from home).

What would be your personal preference or general recommendation for "home away from home-use" with laptop/iphone when bringing an amp is not an [attractive] option?

I'm asking since you've had a [unique] chance to experience both (very early), sorry if i'm beeing too cheeky!

Feb 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #210 of 246
So guys how do you think these compare to the Sony MDR-ZX700's I currently have? OK they look stylish and are comfortable etc. But on sound do these beat out the ZX700's easily? If so I may be looking to buy them and perhaps trade the 700's on. Also are these comfortable to wear for long periods for spectacle wearers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back