Philips Fidelio L1 (upcoming headphone)
Jan 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #181 of 246

Quote:
Saw another forum where a guy said he picked one up in HK (Hong Kong I assume) and this was last month! Where the hell are people buying these?

They are becomming gradually available in Europe at the moment and they seem to be hot sellers. The Philips webshop in The Netherlands started selling them earlier this week for Euro 249,-  but they are already out of stock. I ordered them this morning from Amazon.de. There where still 2 in stock when I ordered them but they are sold out now as well I just noticed (price was good imo, Euro 199,- including shipping).

I am looking very much forward to these cans and cannot wait to start listening to them.
o2smile.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #182 of 246

Quote:
Also, that sticker makes her look like she has a Philips branded prosthetic arm. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I've done a double take on that picture twice now.

Quote:
They do look good. Somehow the L1s look too wide on this model though.

I actually like the form factor of AKG K550 a little better.

I dislike that wide headband look, reminds me of Beyer DT150 and the like. The AKG K550 has the overall best form factor for circumaural headphones I've ever seen. Although the aesthetics I like but still have mixed feelings about. Put some neon highlights on it and it would be the perfect Tron phone! Offer it in gloss black and it would be Darth Vader's personal headphone! lol.

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #183 of 246
The rendered images of the AKG look nice. But when I saw the K550 in a store, I was extremely dissapointed by the plastic look and the weird color choice. (It's more grey than black.)
It doesn't feel like build quality is very good either. It's difficult to judge from an exhibition piece with which children play around, though.

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #184 of 246

Quote:
Tyll - So under the circumstances of the loud conditions and not the best equipment or songs to sample...which headphones did you come away from the show most impressed? 

The Philips Cityscape Downtown and Sennheiser Amperior.

Jan 21, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #185 of 246

Quote:
But when I saw the K550 in a store, I was extremely dissapointed by the plastic look and the weird color choice.

The K550 is one of the best build headphone in their price range and no parts feel plastic imo.

The renders look like the real for me.

Jan 22, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #186 of 246

Quote:

The K550 is one of the best build headphone in their price range and no parts feel plastic imo.

The renders look like the real for me.

I agree. While I do not particularly like the K550 when it comes to sound, the general build quality is very high, and it certainly does NOT look and feel like plastic at all when you handle them in real life compared to looking at images.

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #190 of 246
Hi All, this is my first post on Head-fi. 

Found a link on youtube about review and testing of L1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvUpBnFvE1c

Unfortunately is in Cantonese. But i will explain briefly about what the testing were. 

They use live chinese musical instruments to compare Live listening and the Headphone. 

They used B&K Simulator for human ears listening on music and mapped it on a graph. and then play back the recorded live music on a headphone for B&K Simulator. 

The graph looks very similar to real live music. 

GREEN Line - Live Music
RED Line - L1 Headphone

Hope this will paint the picture of the sound profile with comparison with listening live music. 

I want to get hold of one of this. Thanks for all the review so far and it is helpful. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #192 of 246

Quote:
hope Tyll measures them soon, if they're as comfortable/adjustable/etc as they are claimed and sound as good as claimed, they certainly look interesting. (esp for $300)
these are closed, right.

Got word yesterday that I'll be receiving the M1, L1, Downtown, and Bend in about a week. Measurements soon!

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #193 of 246

Users who are viewing this thread

Back