Philips DVD963SA $219
Jan 15, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #16 of 27
I DON'T THINK SO!

Not trusting this site, but wanting more information, I decided to "register" on the site. Of course, I registered using a different name, address, etc. I was hoping that if I registered, I might be able to link to some additional information or a phone number. I put the DVD963sa in my "cart" and started the checkout process (never intending to actually purchase the product, but as noted, just trying to get some additional info). Guess what? The only payment option was "Western Union Money Transfer". Yeah right!

Oh well.....anyway, I did put a price "notification" on the DVD 963sa on both Pricegrabber and ecoustics.com If any legitimate specials show up, I'll let you know.

Dino

Jan 15, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #18 of 27
Mike M,

I did send an email to Philips USA via their website and gave them the store name and url.

Dino

Jan 15, 2004 at 9:32 PM Post #19 of 27
What this actually might be good for. If you can track down a pc richards or other department store that carries the unit, works on commission and matches competetor prices I'd show them this add and let them match it.

A little persuasion and I'm sure you could pull it off.

Jan 16, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #20 of 27
Stranger and stranger, I just did a WHOIS ip check on the domain name and looky what I found. Now is this fishy or is this fishy?
rolleyes.gif

astoreforyou.com
Back-order this name

Domain Name.......... astoreforyou.com
Creation Date........ 2003-11-22
Registration Date.... 2003-11-22
Expiry Date.......... 2004-11-22
Organisation Name.... Phillip Garabedian
Organisation Address. 2578 17th Ave
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. San Francisco
Organisation Address. 94116
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Phillip Garabedian
Admin Address........ 2578 17th Ave
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ San Francisco
Admin Address........ 94116
Admin Address........ CA
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... astoreforall@yahoo.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.4157312475
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ YahooDomains TechContact
Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
Tech Address......... 94089
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
Tech Email........... domain.tech@YAHOO-INC.COM
Tech Phone........... +1.6198813096
Tech Fax............. +1.6198813010
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

Jan 19, 2004 at 3:31 PM Post #22 of 27
asdfeproiu9,

You never know... I once managed to talk J&R into matching an audiogon price for HD600s... ended up taking them for ~160 shipped after the holiday rebate.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #23 of 27
I have an itch to call the Better Business Bureau. If I do this, they will launch and investigation and have them out of their lucrative business in a week...

Btw, the lady in the "Free Shipping" ad must be very popular because I've apparently seen her in the EXACT SAME ad at CircuitCity
tongue.gif

Jan 20, 2004 at 12:39 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by davidmiya
I have an itch to call the Better Business Bureau. If I do this, they will launch and investigation and have them out of their lucrative business in a week...

Btw, the lady in the "Free Shipping" ad must be very popular because I've apparently seen her in the EXACT SAME ad at CircuitCity
tongue.gif

HOLY $HIT! That IS our ad! I work for CC and know for a fact that is a pic taken from out ad!!! LMAO!

Jan 20, 2004 at 12:59 AM Post #27 of 27
Rendition,

Do a "Froogle" search then call Joe at Audio Advisor (1-800-942-0220) and ask him if he'll match the best "legitimate" price that you come up with. It looks like a few places list them being "in stock" @ $367. Audio Advisor has a very good reputation and offers a 30-day money back guarantee.

Dino

Users who are viewing this thread

Back