Philips 963SA is hot! Literally, that is...
Jul 12, 2003 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Nutty

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! Thanks to all the helpful advice I've received from this forum, I've been thoroughly enjoying my newly-acquired 963SA/ Corda HA-1 MkII / DT880 setup!

However, I've noticed when I remove my CDs from the 963SA that they are VERY warm...temperatures must be pretty hot inside the unit...is this normal?

And while I'm asking silly newb questions, is it okay to hook a computer power cord that reads "125 volts" to my Corda, which requires 115 volts?

Thanks, you guys are great! I won't hold it against any of you that I'm broke now!
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2003 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 9
Mine do not seem warm at all. I will pop a CD in and play it just to make sure though. I know when I watch a DVD with my laptop it gets very hot. I will get back to you when I try it.

Jul 12, 2003 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

And while I'm asking silly newb questions, is it okay to hook a computer power cord that reads "125 volts" to my Corda, which requires 115 volts?

No, that's perfectly fine.

Jul 12, 2003 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 9
Your cord will work just fine.

I tried a CD in my Phillips and it is warm but no where near hot. I touched the backside of the CD to my cheek and it felt warm there to give you an idea.

Jul 12, 2003 at 6:28 PM Post #5 of 9
I have a similar setup...Philips 963SA to Corda HA-1 mkII...and a few times a CD has felt a tiny bit warm...but never hot.

John

Jul 12, 2003 at 10:05 PM Post #6 of 9
I know what you mean--this has never been an issue with the 963sa, but we own another philips dvd player at my house (not sure of the model off hand, but it features the Farodia video chipset) and audio cds comming out of that are ridiculously hot! I stopped using it for audio all together because I was worried.

You might want to contact the retailer and alert them of your troubles.

Fred

Jul 12, 2003 at 10:35 PM Post #7 of 9
Yes, CDs get pretty warm after 30 minutes or so of playing, even more so DVDs after two hours.

peacesign.gif

Jul 13, 2003 at 12:25 AM Post #8 of 9
Thanks everyone. Today all my CDs have just been a little warm. I did watch a little bit of a DVD last night prior to listening to CDs, so the DVD might have been the culprit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back