philips 890s
Aug 4, 2002 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
HI: I have rediscovered the philips 890s with the cmoy 2-9 volt portable amp. I could use it out of my stereo receiver but I use my 580s for that so the 890s just stayed in a drawer untill I got the cmoy. Now I have enough power to drive the 890s to a very nice level and am enjoying the wide sound stage in portable mode around my house and in my back yard. I am going to look for a place to take them and my dog somewhere out when this heat gets better so I can enjoy the 890s in an out of the way place. I have a nice sholder bag that holds all my stuff so I am ready to go. I forgot how much I enjoyed the 890s sound stage for lack of portable power.

Aug 4, 2002 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
HI: I have rediscovered the philips 890s with the cmoy 2-9 volt portable amp. I could use it out of my stereo receiver but I use my 580s for that so the 890s just stayed in a drawer untill I got the cmoy. Now I have enough power to drive the 890s to a very nice level and am enjoying the wide sound stage in portable mode around my house and in my back yard. I am going to look for a place to take them and my dog somewhere out when this heat gets better so I can enjoy the 890s in an out of the way place. I have a nice sholder bag that holds all my stuff so I am ready to go. I forgot how much I enjoyed the 890s sound stage for lack of portable power.

I'm not familiar with the 890's, but I think it's great you can put them back into action and enjoy them courtesy of your new amp. I hope the heat breaks soon so you can grab your bag (and your dog) and go ! Enjoy !

Aug 4, 2002 at 1:34 AM Post #3 of 3
HighwayStar
HI: That was very nice of you to say what you said and It made me feel real good. Its nice to have a member with kind words for another member so Thank you for being so kind. You can do a search on the philips 890 and get a better idea of what other members think of them. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back