Philadelphia, PA ?
Jul 3, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd appreciate it if you not overlap the dc meet on 8/2

That reminds me. Any Philly people planning to go to the DC meet? I'd be interested in a carpool.

That NJ meet is looking pretty appetizing as well...

Jul 26, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #19 of 41
I have been waiting for a Philly meet for a long time. I cannot make the NJ meet or the DC meet
frown.gif
so I really would like to see this thing materialize. I don't have much gear, but would certainly like to be able to meet the community. This would be the first for me, so please, let me know what's up.

Jul 26, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #20 of 41
For the color blind among us (or, as my optometrist dad used to call me, "color stupid"), can someone decipher the various color-coded posts to tally which weekends work for the majority? I'd love to be in on this, was planning on being in NJ meet today but am stuck home with sick 4 year old
frown.gif

Ira

Jul 27, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #21 of 41
If you're using firefox, you can download the colorzilla tool. It will appear as a button on the status bar on the left. If you click it, your mouse will become a color measuring tool and you'll see the RGB values of the color next to the button.

Jul 27, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #22 of 41
At this point, it looks like the only way I'd be able to make another meet on a weekend would be if we had the Philly meet on 8/17. That seems to work well for the people who've given their availability, too.

My dad won't let me host the meet at our house, but I'll try contacting the Radnor High School even though I don't exactly go there anymore. :]

I'm just one person, though, so If some one else can get a location on a different date that works better for more people, then I'm all for that.

Jul 29, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this point, it looks like the only way I'd be able to make another meet on a weekend would be if we had the Philly meet on 8/17. That seems to work well for the people who've given their availability, too.

My dad won't let me host the meet at our house, but I'll try contacting the Radnor High School even though I don't exactly go there anymore. :]

I'm just one person, though, so If some one else can get a location on a different date that works better for more people, then I'm all for that.

I'm still waiting to see what my August schedule is, but I'd be willing to foot the bill up to a couple hundred $$ for a conference room in a hotel... my experience is they are available cheaper on weekends, and we can get tables, a/v (power strips!), maybe light refreshments. If anyone wants, I'll do the legwork of tracking somewhere down. If I can't make it, maybe you all could chip in a little each to cover the costs, ro someone else can step up.

Let me know if anyone's interested in that option. If so, also let me know what aarea is preferred -- my suggestions are plymouth mtg, k of p, city ave, or radnor -- all pretty accessible to major highways. I'd be fine downtown but costs will be ++ and accessibility to suburbians --.

Also, the problem with the colors isn't that my screen won't display them, it's that I can't really tell them apart. Can anyone total how many people are available for what weekends?

Also, anyone want to compile a gear list (I'll do it if no other volunteers)? To start, assuming I can make it:

HP's:
Darth Beyers V3 regular cup
Markl-modded D5000's
EP Sextetts (maybe, hopefully)

Amps:

Corda Opera
Lisa III regular (low) gain
Little Dot Mk IV SE w/extra tubes (if back from China, where it's getting a tune-up; probably won't be back)

Sources:
Ipod classic 160gb
Sony D25s

Misc:
Moon Audio Blue Dragon mini to RCA
ALO Jumbo Cotton LOD (predecessor to current super cotton or whatever)
Turbo LOD to RCA
Homebuilt Meier crossfeed filter
Some more cables, can't remember offhand

Note my likelihood of being able to attend will increase many times over if someone's bringing Ultrasone Ed 9's or headroom desktop amp/dac
biggrin.gif

Ira

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #29 of 41
Hold off the gear until we get a location and date confirmed.
smily_headphones1.gif

chzplz, everyone who gave colored dates of availability will be available on 8/17 with the exception of Superpredator, who is busy with moving and other life related things; he is still uncertain of his availability on 8/17.

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by chzplz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still waiting to see what my August schedule is, but I'd be willing to foot the bill up to a couple hundred $$ for a conference room in a hotel... my experience is they are available cheaper on weekends, and we can get tables, a/v (power strips!), maybe light refreshments. If anyone wants, I'll do the legwork of tracking somewhere down. If I can't make it, maybe you all could chip in a little each to cover the costs, ro someone else can step up.

Let me know if anyone's interested in that option. If so, also let me know what aarea is preferred -- my suggestions are plymouth mtg, k of p, city ave, or radnor -- all pretty accessible to major highways. I'd be fine downtown but costs will be ++ and accessibility to suburbians --.

Ai. All the other Philly meets have been done for free (actually not sure about the one that Superpredator hosted, but I think it was), so let's keep up the tradition.
biggrin.gif

All those places you listed are reasonable. The closer to a train the better, however.

If I can remember, I'll call Radnor High School tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back