DSCN1047.JPG

DSCN1048.JPG

DSCN1049.JPG

DSCN1050.JPG

DSCN1051.JPG

DSCN1053.JPG

DSCN1054.JPG

Jan 13, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 39
Sorry I couldn't make it! Hope to hear more about how it went.

--Chris

Jan 13, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 39
hey guys, had a great time today, was great to try out the rs's, and compare um to e500. nightrider, nice freekin amps man, those were awesome, we're going to have to do that comparo we talked about. would love to get together sometime, have those things for you too.

just wanted to share with everybody, we were listening to these amazing phones, when a student came in and played his violin for us, even in that concrete room, it was a great reminder that live music especially played well is blissful, and what do you know, he say's he'll be joining head fi after listening to our cans and going wide eyed.

the thing that impressed me the most, suprisingly were the hd 595's, i think, and was not impressed with the 600's, everybody had there own taste, and today confirmed i'm team grado., but damn sennheiser's are comfortable.

Jan 14, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #6 of 39
sorry I couldn't make it. was up until 4 or so working on homework... and still not finished.

I hope you didn't miss my stuff much.
tongue.gif

Jan 14, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #7 of 39
I hope you had or are still having a great meet folks! It would have been funny to see ayt999 at a meet across the country but homework consumed him. Shame. Glad to see my pal nytryder7 in attendance. Did Lionel make it? I hope this meet inspired some of you to come out to California in April for the Second Int'l Meet! Hint, hint...
580smile.gif

What is this sweet lookin' amp?

DSCN1053.JPG

Jan 14, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #8 of 39
As usual this was a lot of fun. Its always fun to meet other heafiers. Thanks to Febs, Mrdon and threEchelon for getting this all together! Thanks also to Nankai from Head-Direct for attending and his generosity.

A lot of equipment was there including several computers as sources. It was fun having my own equipment there to listen to the different headphones on. I found that the AKG 340 and Beyerdynamic 880 sound really good with tubes. I also enjoyed listening to the AT-1000s, very clean, airy, with not the strongest bass, but accurate.

As stated by jrussell6, we were very unexpectedly treated to a violin solo by one of the students. I like classical music but trust me, you didn't have to be a fan to enjoy his music. My only regret is that he only did one song :). The young man gots skills.

Russell6, we will get together. Had a email from Ray and my Tomahawk will ship out Monday and I'm really looking forward to the cd's.

Hope everyone got home safely and hopefully we'll get together for another meet soon!

Jan 14, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #9 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you had or are still having a great meet folks! It would have been funny to see ayt999 at a meet across the country but homework consumed him. Shame. Glad to see my pal nytryder7 in attendance. Did Lionel make it? I hope this meet inspired some of you to come out to California in April for the Second Int'l Meet! Hint, hint...
580smile.gif

What is this sweet lookin' amp?

DSCN1053.JPG

Voltron! How are things out west? Actually I am seriously thinking about heading out there for the party. I really hated missing the first day last year. The amp you asked about is the Sound Quest SQ-84. It is a 10 watt int/hp amp that I have completely fallen in love with. Check out here Stephen Monte there has a ton of toys! The "Q" as I call it is his own design.
Take care and hope to seeya in April!

Jan 14, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #10 of 39
Hello peoples,

Today was a lot of fun. I had not heard many cans besides my senn hd600s. After Listening to everybody elses I found out I really liked the AT-1000s and the Beyer DT880s. As has been stated many times everbody has there own tastes and it was fun meeting and talking to everyone. I was say this though the RSA raptor is quite a nice sounding amp, it was a shame the single power amp could not make it there as that would have been an interesting comparision.

I hope to be able to go to another soon it was an enlighting experience and a lot fun meeting everybody that attended. :) Until next we meet...

Jan 14, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by nytryder7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Voltron! How are things out west? Actually I am seriously thinking about heading out there for the party. I really hated missing the first day last year. The amp you asked about is the Sound Quest SQ-84. It is a 10 watt int/hp amp that I have completely fallen in love with. Check out here Stephen Monte there has a ton of toys! The "Q" as I call it is his own design.
Take care and hope to seeya in April!

Thanks for the info, and it looks like a cool combo amp. $1K for speakers and cans? Nice. Have you tried it with speakers? My Klipschorns could use a little tube goodness.

Also glad to hear you pondering our west coast party. Two full days with vendors both days and much more to be announced as plans are confirmed.
cool.gif
Keep in touch if you are interested.

BTW, where are the pics from this meet?! Those first few aren't gonna do it!
3000smile.gif

Jan 14, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #12 of 39
I am sorry that I could not be there. It looks and sounds like it was a good time. Most of all, I am really glad that an alternative site was found given that the rooms at Good Samaritan at the last minute became unavailable.

Jan 14, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #13 of 39
Although I might need to sue someone for that first picture
smily_headphones1.gif
, I really enjoyed myself.

Despite growing up in St. Davids and my sister having graduated from Radnor High School, I hardly recognized the place, but it's a very nice school.

Jan 14, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sorry that I could not be there. It looks and sounds like it was a good time. Most of all, I am really glad that an alternative site was found given that the rooms at Good Samaritan at the last minute became unavailable.

Mrdon, MD1032 was disappointed. He was hoping to get a chance to warm up your pipe organ.

Jan 14, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hokiedad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mrdon, MD1032 was disappointed. He was hoping to get a chance to warm up your pipe organ.

Oh man can that be read wrong
blink.gif
tongue.gif

Had a great time. Special thanks to Nytryder who has himself a nice little setup.

Unfortunately i didnt notice the 595s, maybe they were gone by the time i got there. Would have loved to hear them.

I think what I learned most is that im pretty happy with my setup. Obviously a 1000 dollar cd player and a 1000 dollar tube amp will make some improvements over an ipod playing a 192 kps mp3, but I can still be quite content with what I have now. I might try to trade my 880s for 600s at some point, as the lack of bass and overall fullness was substantial. But I sttill love the airiness and detail of the Beyers. Maybe ill have get both.

Thanks again everyone. Cant wait for the next one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back