Philadelphia, Delaware and New Jersey Area mini meet impressions
Jan 22, 2011 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

leesure

1000+ Head-Fier
Good Times today...thanks for hosting, Frank!

Meet NikonGod and Aflac

Aflac:

Baka1969

Strid3r:

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 62

Meet Dminches:

Frank I:

Zheng:

NikonGod (again)

More to come...

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 62
Great pics! Keep them coming!

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #4 of 62

Meet bbradley:

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 62

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #6 of 62

Meet JoeyRusso:

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #7 of 62

Meet JP11801 (right):

Th th th th That's all folks! 

Thanks again!

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #8 of 62
I just wanted to thank everyone for making the day outstanding My Co Host Ross was fantastic and we share all expenses and it was a pleasure meeting everyone for the first time. The pictures LeeSure took are tremendous and thank him for that. Ari took a bunch and everyone had very cool gear. My biggest surprise was the differences in the HE6 and Prototype as we had both. My Taboo made the HE6 sound fantastic and I have arranged Fang to send me a pair for couple weeks as I liked them that much and want to AB against the other two Taboo drove them effortlessly and the proto er had to turn all the way up. So big difference and I will post detailed impressions when I get all my thoughts for the outstanding day and some new friends and old friends attended. More to come and I thank all of you for attending and sharing a day with us. Thanks Ross for being a friend and helping out.

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 62
I'd like to thank Frank and his family and Ross for hosting an excellent mini-meet.  I thoroughly enjoyed sampling everyone's gear.  It was quite an eye or ear opening experience for me and I'd like to thank everyone that attended for allowing access to some of your prized possessions.  Everyone was super helpful and I learned quite a bit today.  I'd also like to thank Fang for showing up at the last possible moment.. to drive me nuts...  Just when I thought I had a handle on a direction to go, he had to pull out the HE6P prototype and knock my socks off..  To make matters worse, it won't be available until March?? Ugh.. I know they'll be worth the wait, the prototype was that good..  at least for my tastes and budget..

I'd like to thank Frank for completely ruining my wallet, my future earnings and my daughters inheritance..  LOL  His setup is amazing and worth shooting for.. 

A special thank you to Ari -  Nikongod for allowing access to the most amazing (and expensive) headphones I've ever placed on my head - The R10.  They may not be the final word in sound these days, but they are easily the most comfortable I've ever tried (and they sound great as well).

Thanks again to everyone that attended for making this winter memorable for something other than all the snow...

Joey

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #11 of 62
I want to thank everyone for making my Saturday a great day. Thanks to Jack Woo for his thoughtful loan of a magnificent amp. Special 'thank you' to Fang for making the trip. His headphones, especially the HE6, sounded great. Another shout out to Corey (fishski13) for the loan of his nice M^3 build.

I especially want to thank Frank for opening his home to all of us so we can take a little time to have fun with our crazy obsession. Headphones. Frank's wife was the hero behind the scenes making sure everything ran smoothly and made certain everyone was well cared for.

I had fun. Every single one who showed up was terrific. All the gear was excellent. I grew to appreciate the LCD-2 more with the Woo amp and Frank's Taboo from Decware than I had when I first heard it last year. I'd love to pick all the amps and headphones I really liked but that would take too many pages to write. LoL

I took a bunch of pics and will try posting them later. Internet over my BlackBerry isn't exactly swift with hi-rez pictures. LoL

I hope everyone enjoyed their time. I know I did. Thanks again to everyone that made it. Thanks again also to Frank and his lovely family for letting us in and making us all feel like one big Italian family.

Peace

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #12 of 62

Quote:
Joey it was so nice meeting you and your welcome to come over any time as you are pretty close and lookf forward to seeing you again. You will get there but you better work Fang for a price.

Thanks Frank it was an honor and a pleasure...  Did you talk Ross into buying the Woo yet??  LOL

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #13 of 62
Jan 22, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #14 of 62
Great job on the pictures.  It was a super fun day of music listening and gab.

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #15 of 62

Quote:
Quote:
Joey it was so nice meeting you and your welcome to come over any time as you are pretty close and lookf forward to seeing you again. You will get there but you better work Fang for a price.

Thanks Frank it was an honor and a pleasure...  Did you talk Ross into buying the Woo yet??  LOL

I am afraid he will have too because it sounded great and especially with his cary dac and HD800 better IMO than the B22 by a wide margin and by the end of next week Ross will come to tubeOmania. The 6SE also sounded very good with the LCD2 and is an amp I would recommend. I liked the Cary very much and on tues enjoyed the HD800

Users who are viewing this thread

Back