Philadelphia-area meet, Saturday, April 28, 2007
Apr 19, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #91 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by nytryder7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW Thre, what type of wire will you use for the iPod dock?

If you want to shorten my username, just say "echelon". three=3. 3chelon=echelon.
wink.gif

All my wire is some form of silver-plated copper.

Looks like your table is shaping up to be even more popular this meet.
icon10.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #93 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I've updated the list of attendees and gear. As always, please let me know if any corrections are necessary. I've also changed the start time to 9 AM.

Yowsa, thats early. How many of you plan on staying late? It is highly unlikely that I can make it there before 2:30, unless I take off work.

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #94 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yowsa, thats early. How many of you plan on staying late? It is highly unlikely that I can make it there before 2:30, unless I take off work.

I originally suggested 11 AM, but Matt got the room for 9 AM and there seem to be people interested in arriving early, so there's no harm in it. I plan to arrive mid-morning and stay through the afternoon. I'm guessing it will be worth your while to come even if you can't make it until 2:30.

Apr 19, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #95 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will probably get there midmorning as well, and I don't think I'll have any reason/desire to leave until late afternoon. More available time seems to lend itself to a more laid back kind of groove.

And yes, I'll have that Sony SACD player for a transport.

3Echelon, can you make some room in your PM box?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #96 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will probably get there midmorning as well, and I don't think I'll have any reason/desire to leave until late afternoon. More available time seems to lend itself to a more laid back kind of groove.

And yes, I'll have that Sony SACD player for a transport.

3Echelon, can you make some room in your PM box?
smily_headphones1.gif

I just made some room. Sorry, dude. I've been PM'ing ericj back and forth trying to troubleshoot the hum in my M^3. You can also reach me through my head-fi user name @gmail.com.

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #97 of 131
Hey nytrider, you are gonna be at the International meet right? Any chance you can grab a bunch of different black olive foamies from shure for all of us to try out? You would be me hero.

Apr 22, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #99 of 131
Sorry, guys, I won't be able to make it.

My new job requires that I work every saturday morning and afternoon. Doesn't look like I'll get a saturday off for awhile. And I had to request two off in a row last week and the week before, so I can't ask for next saturday off as well.

Apr 23, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #100 of 131
so... as I've said before, can anyone offer me a ride from center city?

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #102 of 131
well, not like I'm so anxious to go to the meet that I feel a need to spam everyone around via PM. there's a reason why we have this meet thread rather than meet preparations via PM right? I may send Barry a PM since I believe he offered rides from center city for the previous meet, but otherwise I don't want to burden anyone....

if I get a ride, I'll go. if not, I don't think I'll be going, considering how the train would limit what I'll take, and then it probably won't be worth it.

Apr 24, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #103 of 131
Well I JUST bought a Bling Bling ALO dock from fellow Head-fier and HOPEFULLY it will be here before the meet so I can bring it. I will also have the cables listed in my Signature also. :) Hope that helps.
I should be there for a few hours JUST not going to make it to the end. My wife is in the hospital again and SHOULD be out but they cut into what little "free" time I get. It should be a good meet though. It will be nice seeing everybody again.
600smile.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #104 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, not like I'm so anxious to go to the meet that I feel a need to spam everyone around via PM. there's a reason why we have this meet thread rather than meet preparations via PM right? I may send Barry a PM since I believe he offered rides from center city for the previous meet, but otherwise I don't want to burden anyone....

if I get a ride, I'll go. if not, I don't think I'll be going, considering how the train would limit what I'll take, and then it probably won't be worth it.

I might be able to offer you a ride, but SUPER UNFORTUNATELY my car is acting bizarre again. I bought it new in 2003, and the only two times it has ever given me any trouble coincide with the two Philly meets. I may get it in the shop on Sat and borrow someone else's or just drive and pray, but I won't be the best person to count on. If I do decide to chance it I don't think I'll be able to stop off in CC. I also plan to arrive early (10?) and leave late, so if our schedules don't jive it probably wouldn't work either.

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #105 of 131
so an update on the rides: I think I figured it out mostly (will have to confirm details via PM soon), but the ride back from the meet is still up in the air, especially if I want to stay until the end, in which case I may have to go with public transportation (and thus most likely reduce the gear). I'll probably take up Barry on his offer of a ride to the meet, and perhaps get a ride back with KimbaWLion around 2~3:30. I suppose that isn't too early though, and may be what I'll end up doing.

and umm... gear list?

if I have to use public transportation: (i.e. items which fit in one suitcase)

option 1:
CEC DA53 dac
HeadAmp Aristaeus
Sennheiser HE90

option 2:
audio-technica AT-DHA3000
Sony MDR-R10 (or a Qualia 010)

(may manage to squeeze in a PS-1 somewhere in there too)

if I manage to secure rides both ways, I may bring both setups.

one thing I don't have is a source / transport to take to the meet, so I'll need to have access to at least an optical output to plug the CEC dac and / or the AT-DHA3000 into. RCA digital would also work, but I don't have that cable with me currently.

does anyone have a real urge to listen to the W5000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back