PHILADELPHIA area meet October 26th, 2013
Oct 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #166 of 240
  Will there be wifi and ethernet available, by any chance?  My media player setup needs wifi and ethernet connection to operate, so if those aren't available, I'll bring a non-internet connected router to make it work

There is internet connected Wifi...not sure what you need in terms of Ethernet.

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #167 of 240

There is internet connected Wifi...not sure what you need in terms of Ethernet.

i have my music on a network attached storage device (raspberry pi) that my music player accesses over wifi.. basically, I'd need 2 power plugs and a single ethernet plug connected to the same network as the wifi.  I have an extra router that I can set up if this isn't available.. just figured i'd check first

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #170 of 240
So excited about the meet.

Although, I'm not sure what to do as a source since my only mobile options are an iPad and iPhone which as I understand are hit or miss depending on the DAC, assuming I go buy the CCK which I don't have? I had originally planned to use my GF's laptop but she's out of town this weekend and needs it.

Oct 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #171 of 240
  So excited about the meet.

Although, I'm not sure what to do as a source since my only mobile options are an iPad and iPhone which as I understand are hit or miss depending on the DAC, assuming I go buy the CCK which I don't have? I had originally planned to use my GF's laptop but she's out of town this weekend and needs it.

The CCK works with some DAC's and not with others.  You can always use the HP out with a stereo mini-RCA cable.  Not the best case scenario,but not that bad either. 

Oct 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #172 of 240
  i have my music on a network attached storage device (raspberry pi) that my music player accesses over wifi.. basically, I'd need 2 power plugs and a single ethernet plug connected to the same network as the wifi.  I have an extra router that I can set up if this isn't available.. just figured i'd check first

I would count on bringing what you need.  The router where the Ethernet might connect is tucked away in a utility closet. 

Oct 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #175 of 240
  Ack - sorry Lee, I'm gonna have to step out.  I have family visiting and it's a no go.

Will miss seeing all you guys.  Have fun.

Sorry to hear you're not coming.  I was looking forward to seeing you again.

Best,

Frank

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #176 of 240
I would like to make sure that I'm officially RSVP'd, though I am new here. I wouldn't call it a "setup" compared to what others are coming with, but I will have with me an Apogee Duet 2 and my Sennheiser HD650's for anyone who wants to use them for comparisons.

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #177 of 240
I would like to make sure that I'm officially RSVP'd, though I am new here. I wouldn't call it a "setup" compared to what others are coming with, but I will have with me an Apogee Duet 2 and my Sennheiser HD650's for anyone who wants to use them for comparisons.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Oct 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #178 of 240
HifiMan is sending HE-6’s for demo AND a pair of their top of the line IEM's, the RE-600’s to be given away as a raffle prize!

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #180 of 240
I regret to inform everyone -- I won't be able to make it. Have to work. Gotta love working in the Broadcast TV biz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back