phew, glad we have moderators...
Jul 8, 2005 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PITTM

500+ Head-Fier
i was worried that a thread that many people said was "very interesting" wouldnt be closed. im a regular poster on 5 or 6 other message boards and ive never seen moderators so quick to lock threads. whats the deal? i dont understand, are the moderators scared we;re going to attack each other or something? we were having a civil discussion about a relevant issue and broke 0 rules. as far as im aware, if users dont want to read a thread they dont have to, so im not sure why threads are so quick to be closed. im sure this comes off like im trying to be a troublemaker or something, but i just dont understand why people discussing a subject in a thread warrants the thread being locked? it seems REALLY unnecessary to me and is actually somewhat off-putting.

rj

Jul 8, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 4
I mean this in the best way: saying something like that is a really good way to get another thread locked and a mandatory vacation from Head-Fi. The moderators do a pretty good job, and they get a lot of crap they don't deserve. For every "unfair" lock, there are one or two that kept people from getting angry, offensive, spiteful, or their feelings hurt.

Lay off the mods.

Jul 8, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 4
I would think that the closings would occur due to violations to the user agreement you signed when you registered with this forum.

Some topics are touchy, and do not really belong on a high-end audio forum.

Jul 8, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 4
Or when a thread seems pretty pointless...like this one, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back