Petition Thread...
Jul 23, 2009 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

roadtonowhere08

Headphoneus Supremus
Can anyone PM me as to why the Petition thread was abducted? I did not see any responses after my post, but everything leading up to it and including was not against the rules. So what's up?

Jul 23, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 8
I ain't seen nothing, but if you find out who did it, please have NO mercy on him:
angry-smiley-184-1.gif

By the way, I dunno know what was the petition about but,

Quote:

"You cannot petition the Lord with prayer"

as Jim Morrison sang: 'The Soft Parade'

Quote:

When I was back there in seminary school
There was a person there
Who put forth the proposition
That you can petition the Lord with prayer…
Petition the Lord with prayer…
Petition the Lord with prayer…
You cannot petition the Lord with prayer!

In the meantime, I'll see you on the Apollo 11
L3000.gif
Side
popcorn.gif
of the Moon

P.S.
You posted a huge pic on the Apollo 11 thread. I love it!
Could you tell me what is the resolution of that pic and how big is the file?

Jul 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 8
Mods are not required to answer for such actions, unless they think it is prudent. The petition was expired anyhow, was it not?

Adam: did you weigh in on the moon hoax thread? Your thoughts?? I'm leaning toward the recognition that "hoax" cuts both ways, but I think NASA is hiding something.

Jul 23, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mods are not required to answer for such actions, unless they think it is prudent. The petition was expired anyhow, was it not?

True, but it goes a long ways toward common courtesy, especially since there was an active discussion and no (that I can see) rules were broken. I also asked for a PM so that there is no need for public displays of justification.

Who cares if the petition was expired? It was expired before the thread was created, but by that logic, why talk about the moon landing? People want to talk about it, and that is why I am wanting to know why the petition thread was completely deleted instead of closed.

Jul 23, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 8
Yes, you are correct. The last thread I saw get closed was for, as the mod was so good to point out, "bad taste." I seem to observe this go in cycles, as if closing down or disappearing one thread primes a mod to do it again. I'm sure we posters go in cycles also.

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by leveller1642 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was a political thread and and everybody knows they are prohibited on this forum.

Main Entry:
po·lit·i·cal Listen to the pronunciation of political
Pronunciation:
\pə-ˈli-ti-kəl\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Latin politicus
Date:

a: of or relating to government, a government, or the conduct of government
b: of, relating to, or concerned with the making as distinguished from the administration of governmental policy

2: of, relating to, involving, or involved in politics and especially party politics
3: organized in governmental terms
4: involving or charged or concerned with acts against a government or a political system

There was nothing political about that thread.

But I'll play ball: let's fudge the definition of the term and say that it was a political thread, the "Moon Landing" thread is a political one BIG TIME, and it is still open (and I hope it stays open).

EDIT: AdamCalifornia: I did not catch the last part of your post.

Here is the link to the picture: http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/2...3280_hires.jpg

17,125 pixels x 9.625 pixels and about 14MB

See you on the BIG picture side of the Moon.

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #8 of 8
Now that last post was deleted for actually being political. I personally didn't remove that thread, but thought about it a couple times. I am going to close this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back