Petition: I would like the old site back (or other choice)
May 9, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #46 of 431
It's true that most everything about vBulletin forums looks dated in one way or another. It's equally true that Head-Fi's new layout is more consistent with modern redesigns of other older websites, regardless of type. 

Ultimately, though, forums are less about external appearance than absolute utility, and vBulletin still reigns supreme in that latter respect - at least in my opinion. That said, I hate to sound like someone utterly immune to change, and my guess is that, much like criticism of Facebook redesigns explodes and then quickly fades, eventually we'll all get used to this layout, for better or worse.   

May 9, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #47 of 431
don't like new site..
Too much cold and impersonal.
don't look atractive, i regret the "ORIGINAL" and i make an effort to continue on this site.
really desesperate as the rest of the world.

May 9, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #49 of 431
I hate that our sigs get destroyed, no spellcheck and I get no emails for notifications from a reply to a thread.. One thing I do prefer is when you upload an image, the actual image shows up in the response box, instead of the url link and also when you subscribe to a thread, you no longer have to go to another page to select how you would like to be subscribed to that thread. Oh, I also post about 5 times a day on this new layout. On the old, it was more like 45 
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #50 of 431
Regarding the ads - if you subscribe, you can get zero ads - even LESS ads than the old site.

May 9, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #53 of 431

Quote:
Regarding the ads - if you subscribe, you can get zero ads - even LESS ads than the old site.

[rant]
I wish that was 100% true. If anyone adds "tags" to this thread you'll get an Amazon advertisement for each tag added. And when too many tags are added not only the page is saturated with Amazon ads it can and has killed the thread. Eventually one would hope these annoyances will be corrected. Since the Head-Fi membership as a collective are discovering a multitude of problems and issues we outta be compensated for improving the product! 
[/rant]

May 9, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #54 of 431
I've seen a lot of people mention the potential for Jude, et al. to tweak the site to improve deficiencies.  Do we know for sure how much tweaking is even possible?  I've checked out some other forums running on Huddler, and aside from cosmetic differences, they all pretty much look the same to me.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/
http://www.epicski.com/forum/
http://www.cheftalk.com/forum/
http://www.greenoptions.com/forum/

May 9, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #57 of 431
I actually like the look of it. Slick, stylish, smooth, like Sennheisers. The old forum had an aged, Grado aesthetic, which I like as well, but modernity is always nice.

Functionally it's sub-par. Too much space is taken up by large font and the big avatar/username bar on every post. The two blank lines when quoting eat up space unless they're deleted first, and the problem compounds when posts with those blank lines are then quoted themselves. Not being able to go to a specific page of a thread before entering the thread is a pain. The old User CP was easier to use and vastly more useful than the current system. The "What Users Want" bar is useless because barely anyone seems to tag any headphones that don't already appear on it (I know I haven't). User lists and the whole review system is great, but it's at least as many steps backward as it is forward.

I'm for keeping it and ironing out issues, myself. Will probably be easier on Jude, considering how long it took to move everything here.

May 9, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #58 of 431
It does seem that they got rid of a lot of the white. It seems that it is now a light blue. Its at least one step in the right direction . Im willling to give them time to see how it turns out.

May 9, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #59 of 431

I need some help.  With the old, on every thread, there is a way to just click "Last Page" without having to open up the thread and go to the last page.  Can it be done with the new style?

In the Profile, what is an Album and List?

The UI is definitely more confuseing than the old.

When you reply to a post, you cannot see the comments in the post any more, so how do we respond to certain part of the post?

May 9, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #60 of 431
well, you can always click on the last post of the thread. that will take you to the last page. as in pic below..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back