PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Mar 15, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #346 of 551
  Well, Lohb (ArtisanAudioLab on eBay) makes the cups, he just has me assemble, tune, and cable them. Credit to him for the craftsmanship there.

True, Lohb does amazing work as well. Collaborations make for some pretty sweet looking stuff though!

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #347 of 551
Mar 15, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #348 of 551
That link takes me to an ended listing, no sign of what it was. He does all kinds of wood stuff, lots of Denon/Fostex cups, VERY nice stuff. I have nothing to do with his productions, AAL is a one man operation. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/artisanaudiolab?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #349 of 551
Lohb's stuff is awesome. This one was shipped to me from SE Asia--I do love the tree. It's the "rain tree" in most of the common languages in the region. A beautiful, tropical tree.

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #351 of 551
So, If I wanted my Th600 to have them modded to have detachable cables how would I start? I'm really confused on how to get the process rolling. The pictures from the thread look really great. 

Go to Etsy and look up PLAudio/VERBESSEN. Fire message for quote asking for removable cable conversion for TH600 (2.5mm jacks is what people usually do). At this time, you can either go with a retermination of your stock cable, or buy a custom cable from Peterek (like the copper cable on my headphones). He can fill you in on all of those options (I recommend the Eidolic terminations and splitters).

Then, Mail off TH600s, and wait... then when you get them, share here!

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #352 of 551
  So, If I wanted my Th600 to have them modded to have detachable cables how would I start? I'm really confused on how to get the process rolling. The pictures from the thread look really great. 

For the TH-600 I would go with the SMC connectors since it does not involve cutting the cups where the 2.5mm needs to have part of the cup cut and a little work on the baffle.  Another option is the MMCX connector since I believe it can also be installed without cutting.

PS: if going with the SMC connectors its a fairly easy mod since no cutting is involved, but you will also need to add the SMC connectors to your original cable or build/buy a new cable.

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #354 of 551
Hi guys

Where do I buy a quality dual 2.5 mm detachable cable.

quality is subjective with cables, some cheap amazon ones could be considered quality IMO, or you might consider something from Forza or Double-Helix to be quality, would be easier if you gave a price range.

But since you are on this tread get with Brandon and he can make some nice cables to your specs and within your budget

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #355 of 551
Mar 26, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #358 of 551

Users who are viewing this thread

Back