PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Jan 6, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #271 of 551

This one's for you
@InsanityOne

I always enjoyed the look of those white painted stock cups on the TH600. I often regret selling my fully modded TH600's, they were such a fun headphone! But man, that cable looks fantastic! I love the silver-carbon splitter and the bright red sleeve. A great looking pair indeed!

- InsanityOne 
darthsmile.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #272 of 551
Question for you guys: I ordered two custom adapter cables from him through Etsy, based on his reputation here on head-fi. Everything was great until I send the payment on December 1: he responded within hours to my inquiries. Ever since communication seized. Zero, nada, absolutely nothing in response to 4 emails I sent him. Is this normal with him? How long does it usually take him to make cables? Thanks in advance!

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #273 of 551
  Question for you guys: I ordered two custom adapter cables from him through Etsy, based on his reputation here on head-fi. Everything was great until I send the payment on December 1: he responded within hours to my inquiries. Ever since communication seized. Zero, nada, absolutely nothing in response to 4 emails I sent him. Is this normal with him? How long does it usually take him to make cables? Thanks in advance!

He's busy. There's also a queue, he isn't just sitting around waiting for an order. Did you message him on Etsy?

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #275 of 551
Didn't mean to sound defensive, was wondering if you used email or Etsy. I did have delays with my responses but I am trusting he's working on the headphones that I sent him. :)

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #276 of 551
  Didn't mean to sound defensive, was wondering if you used email or Etsy. I did have delays with my responses but I am trusting he's working on the headphones that I sent him. :)

Etsy is his preferred contact. I know for a fact he is quite busy with orders since my last contact about 4 weeks ago so he is getting the orders done and working on down the line. When you get a contact it means it is shipping or shipped.

Jan 10, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #277 of 551
Lots of communication when I was discussing cable needs and order, not so much after my order was placed.
Given the amount of orders Brandon takes I'm okay with the delay in communication. I have in past gotten email saying
something like 'just noticed your email' I understand that Brandon is busy and not just waiting around to answer my every email.
Given the quality of his work, price etc.it's well worth not getting emails answered immediately after I send them.

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #278 of 551
One of my colleagues sent him some repair work in December and he did respond then, but has not since delivery in mid-December, and given that reputation is stellar, and he is renown here on Head-Fi from what I can tell, my concern is whether he is actually okay or not (!), because it seems strange that he has not posted for nearly 30 days (December 14 is his last post) and his post activity prior to that shows that while he is not a daily Head-Fi'er, time between posts is a few days (11/26, 11/30, etc.) on average, not nearly an entire month..

Maybe he is just on a nice long, vacation? 
cool.gif

Quote:

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #279 of 551
I heard from him last week, I'm guessing he's just really too busy to be posting here on head-fi

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #280 of 551
He should probably enlist an "assistant" to help with the communication needs.

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #282 of 551
  Thanks for all the feedback, guys! He did send me an email this morning, apologizing for the delay and mentioning that he will ship the cables this week. 

I ordered a cable on December 5th and was told three weeks....

They just arrived today,so dont sweat it...hes working on em...

As far as my cable,I ordered a 3' HE6 to 4pin,then a 7' 4pin to bare speaker cable to drive my HE6 from my speaker taps of my vintage receivers...he tossed in an adapter where I can use it balanced too!

Beautiful looking cables and my HE6s kick rear from my 50 year old Sansui!!!
gs1000.gif

Thanks Brandon!

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #283 of 551

I ordered a cable on December 5th and was told three weeks....

They just arrived today,so dont sweat it...hes working on em...

As far as my cable,I ordered a 3' HE6 to 4pin,then a 7' 4pin to bare speaker cable to drive my HE6 from my speaker taps of my vintage receivers...he tossed in an adapter where I can use it balanced too!

Beautiful looking cables and my HE6s kick rear from my 50 year old Sansui!!!
gs1000.gif

Thanks Brandon!

Pics of the cables and the HE-6 connected to the Sansui or... 
angry_face.gif

(Just kidding, just kidding! But as I always say, posting pictures of your PETEREK gear here makes the thread 1000x better! I'm glad that you're enjoying the cables he made for you!)

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #284 of 551
  Pics of the cables and the HE-6 connected to the Sansui or... 
angry_face.gif

(Just kidding, just kidding! But as I always say, posting pictures of your PETEREK gear here makes the thread 1000x better! I'm glad that you're enjoying the cables he made for you!)

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Ya,I thought about it but my set-up is in my dark mancave,so my phone camera wouldnt do any of my gear justice....posted more to let others know that Brandon is behind,but he will deliver.

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #285 of 551
Peterek just did a detachable cable mod on my Denon D5000 w/ Lawton mods (I'm not the original HP owner so I'm not certain about the history). It came out great, sounds great, I'm super happy with the results and he provided me some great pix I wanted to share.

I'm really pleased with the results. I think they look and sound fantastic. The man does great work! I also had a mini-XLR to 3.5mm adapter made...

Some people I know were hassling me about "Couldn't you just do this yourself? Why pay anyone to do that?" I would have had to buy more tools and parts. I also don't get any practice so who knows how good/bad the results would be? I think such nice headphones deserve better treatment than me accidentally breaking them. IMO the mod is a little bit unnecessary/luxury to get the replaceable cable. However I wasn't entirely thrilled with the cable that was attached when I first got the headphones (the cable has a lot of microphonics noise as it brushes into things, it's rather thick and unweildy, and it also had a short in the plug which made them unusable in the beginning). For me at least it's a useful upgrade and I look forward to having better cable options in the near future!

Edit: I love these headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back