Personal experience my portable vs speaker system
Nov 14, 2005 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

dura

Headphoneus Supremus
At home I've got a very nicely balanced hifi kit; very carefully put together in the last 15 years keeping in mind my listening preferences, music and the characteristics of my room.
Rega Planet, Primare A30, dynaudio 122, good cabling/accesories all work together to give a detailed, spatial yet natural and musical sound; friends often prefer to come to my house just to enjoy listening to music on it. Total cost > €5000,- and I doubt you can get much better for that price looking at the large picture. Me?It know it's not perfect, but I love this system, finally after lots of componentswitching I now enjoy the quality I was after.
So good enough.

For portable I use a Sony NW-HD1 with Shure E4, all music coded in ATRAC 3+ 256 kbs.
Total cost now < €500,-, again a detailed yet never sharp, very musical sound (my taste) and I swear these little gems let me hear even more of the music for 10% of the price. I listened to it a more too, 2 hrs vs 1 hr a day for the homeset..it seems to me of course it depends on your needs but you get lot more for your money from portables.
What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back