Personal Audio Setup@ PC with $800 after tax budget.
Nov 30, 2015 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

cefx

New Head-Fier
Hello, internet folks.

In Canada, I'm looking at Cyber Monday/Week deals, and I could use some assistance. I'm not sure what my best course of action to take as a consumer is.

My Budget: $800~ after tax maximum.

My existing hardware: Scarlett 2i2 USB, Adam F5 Speakers w/ XLR cables. Creative X-Fi HD USB sound card, 1/4" adapters w/ Sennheiser Game Zero closed headphones.

What I use them for the most: Steady mixture of 320kbps mp3 albums [presumably running at 24bit 48Khz, because that's what my soundcard is set to], movies/TV, and Counter Strike Global Offensive. [Assuming the stereo setup is correct, with the right sampling etc, positional audio shouldn't be an issue right?].  Comfort and low listening fatigue are very important.

I don't want to spend more than 800-850 after tax at the absolute most. Do I get a DAC&amp+headphones? Just low impedance headphones? A Creative e5+good cans? It will be connected to my computer. I understand that USB power is a limiting factor, so perhaps I can get away with the X-Fi HD Usb + an amp?

What I've been looking at: Various combinations of below
Teac HA-P50 DAC + Beyerdynamic DT880
Dragonfly 1.2 USB + DT880's
Beyerdynamic MMX 300's.
Schitt Modi & Magni + Sennheiser HD598's
Audioengine D1

There's so many combinations and I'm not sure what to get with the $800-850 Canadian after tax target. 

Thank you greatly in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back