Periodic Filter Replacements for Shure IEMs?
Jan 12, 2007 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ILikeMusic

Headphoneus Supremus
Do Shure products require periodic filter replacements and can this be done by the owner? I'm wondering because the filters in Ety products do need to be changed once in a while, and I has this dramatically demonstrated to me when I waited much too long to do it and finally noticed (in comparison to another identical unit) how much the sound level had decreased, and was also imbalanced between left and right. Filter replacement fixed the problem immediately and afterwards the two sets sounded identical.

My E500 instructions warn to not insert anything into the earpiece tube so as not to damage the filter, so apparently there is one, but does it somehow never need to be replaced? As far as I can tell the FAQ on the Shure site makes no mention concerning any type of filter maintenace.

Jan 16, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do Shure products require periodic filter replacements and can this be done by the owner? I'm wondering because the filters in Ety products do need to be changed once in a while, and I has this dramatically demonstrated to me when I waited much too long to do it and finally noticed (in comparison to another identical unit) how much the sound level had decreased, and was also imbalanced between left and right. Filter replacement fixed the problem immediately and afterwards the two sets sounded identical.

My E500 instructions warn to not insert anything into the earpiece tube so as not to damage the filter, so apparently there is one, but does it somehow never need to be replaced? As far as I can tell the FAQ on the Shure site makes no mention concerning any type of filter maintenace.

the E2's had an external filter that needed periodic replacement but I don't believe the others do. The filter on the others are internal & nonreplacable hence the warning not to insert anything into the tube except thier cleaning tool which is too short to reach the filter. The internal filter is a sound shaping filter not a wax filter like the E2 has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back