Periapt or Hart Audio?
Nov 22, 2020 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

buencamino

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, looking to buy a cable for my LCD-X (balanced 4 pin xlr), but I don't know which place is better to get them. My friend suggested the Periapt and I saw on Zeos reviews on youtube the Hart Audio cables he uses. What do you guys think are the differences between the 2? Is there a difference in sound quality of the cables they make? Are their cables light weight? Thanks

Nov 22, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 16
I bought a Hart Audio set of cables (3.5mm, 4 pin XLR and 1/4) for my HD 6XX, Focal Elex and LCD 2C (those cables included). They are very good for their price, however I find that the cables do tend to tangle quite often, that's just in my opinion. That said, I'd likely order again if I were to get any other headphone in the future as I do like the interchangeability that they offer.

Nov 22, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 16
I bought a Hart Audio set of cables (3.5mm, 4 pin XLR and 1/4) for my HD 6XX, Focal Elex and LCD 2C (those cables included). They are very good for their price, however I find that the cables do tend to tangle quite often, that's just in my opinion. That said, I'd likely order again if I were to get any other headphone in the future as I do like the interchangeability that they offer.

are the cables heavy? like do you feel it when you're wearing headphones?

Nov 22, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 16
are the cables heavy? like do you feel it when you're wearing headphones?

No, they are super light and don't cause any physical noises. They use paracord too so the cable doesn't stick or grab on to your clothes. They are quite thin too.

They use pretty basic connectors though if that matters to you. No idea about Periapt.

Nov 22, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 16
I posted about this issue on the Sundara thread, but I purchased a Hart Audio Cable and love the quality. I do agree with Kazzaaa that tangling is a bit of an issue, but not too bad. They are light, very very flexible, and not microphonic despite having a cloth/paracord cable sheathing.

But, I did notice the left channel would cut out briefly on my Sundara every few hours or so. At first I thought it was the headphone, so I switched the L/R channel inputs and noticed it on the right. Then, fairly convinced it was the cable that was the issue, I inspected it and found a slight bend on the left plug. I received these two weeks ago and seriously doubt this was my doing (these are very sturdy plugs and I treat my stuff pretty carefully). I've e-mailed Hart Audio about this, and I guess I'll find out how they handle these issues?

Just something to keep in mind though. I suppose smaller shops might be prone to more quality control issues? These cables look great and function excellently though, totally recommended otherwise.

Attachments

• HartCable.jpg
    HartCable.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #8 of 16
I posted about this issue on the Sundara thread, but I purchased a Hart Audio Cable and love the quality. I do agree with Kazzaaa that tangling is a bit of an issue, but not too bad. They are light, very very flexible, and not microphonic despite having a cloth/paracord cable sheathing.

But, I did notice the left channel would cut out briefly on my Sundara every few hours or so. At first I thought it was the headphone, so I switched the L/R channel inputs and noticed it on the right. Then, fairly convinced it was the cable that was the issue, I inspected it and found a slight bend on the left plug. I received these two weeks ago and seriously doubt this was my doing (these are very sturdy plugs and I treat my stuff pretty carefully). I've e-mailed Hart Audio about this, and I guess I'll find out how they handle these issues?

Just something to keep in mind though. I suppose smaller shops might be prone to more quality control issues? These cables look and function excellently though, totally recommended otherwise.
That certainly looks like a manufacturing defect.

Nov 22, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #9 of 16
There was a defect with one of my 2 headphone cable I bought (I bought a full kit too, sooo handy) and they took my word for it. I explain all the tests I did and comparison I made. In the end, I concluded something was soldered or wired wrong.

They immediately sent me a new one and didn't ask me to send the defective cable back but I did as I think it was the right thing to do so I did. They gave me a credit for a next purchase.

So I think you are in good hands and while you get what you pay for, I think their cables are great. You get a full cable for the price of 1 fancy connector! :)

Nov 22, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #10 of 16
Yeah, Hart Audio is definitely reliable and in my opinion, what they are offering over periapt is the interchangeability from what I can see. I personally do not have first hand experience with Periapt, I planned to purchase a pair of argons with the periapt balance cables, but havent taken the plunge. But I am sure that they are quality as well.

Aug 14, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #11 of 16
I was just on Hart's page looking at a 10 ft cable for my new Focal Elegia. I was wondering what you meant by interchangeability??

Aug 15, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #12 of 16
I've ordered from Periapt a few times and their lead time and shipping time is probably 2-3 weeks to get the cable delivered. I'm happy with the quality of their cables. I have a Periapt cable for my Ananda and had another Periapt cable I sold last month with a set of Sennheiser headphones. Build quality is pretty good and the cable is soft, but thick and the splitter where the cable splits to the Left and Right ear cups can be a bit bulky. Overall I'm happy with their offerings.

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #14 of 16
Has anyone tried the Periapt modular cables? Called splyt. I like the 4.4mm interconnects it uses compared to the mini xlr on hart. In general I don’t like connecting xlr since it involves small pins.

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #15 of 16
I love Hart and own many cables, but Man they twist up something crazy. When not using the headphones, I roll up the cable and put the headphone/cable in a desk. After many months of ownership, the cables going into the cups just twist up? I am referring to the covering over the wires. I had a pair of 3.5mm ones get so bad that Hart replaced them.

I Love the component system and the sound, but the twisting is an ongoing thing.

In my situation I use each headphone for about a week, every four to six weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back