Perhaps we could get an amping basics thread?
Jan 8, 2005 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mith

100+ Head-Fier
For the newbies like me. I am new to this world and I keep hearing that I should amp my headphones. The amps I've heard of so far are CMOy, Pimeta, and PPA. What are the advantages of each? I'm looking for something cheap so ~$150 or lower. Also, are there any guides to building your own amps out there? I Googled but found nothing. Thanks y'all.

Jan 8, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mith
For the newbies like me. I am new to this world and I keep hearing that I should amp my headphones. The amps I've heard of so far are CMOy, Pimeta, and PPA. What are the advantages of each?

There are literally hundreds of posts here for each of the amps you listed, not to mention thousands of posts about all of the other amps that are available. Your best bet would be to use the search function here (rather than Google) and glean whatever information is valuable to you that way. It will be rather daunting and time consuming but it will give you the information that you need.
Quote:

I'm looking for something cheap so ~$150 or lower. Also, are there any guides to building your own amps out there? I Googled but found nothing. Thanks y'all.

Tangentsoft Audio, absolutely one of the best guides on the net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back