Perfect IEM for Zune?
Jun 12, 2007 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

citywithoutmetal

100+ Head-Fier
Easy to drive(No amp nec.)
Under $200
Balanced and detailed
Easy to fit in my ear canal(i think they're small)

Right now the iM716 and er4p are my two frontrunners
Could someone compare the two for me or give me suggestions for other phones.

Jun 12, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think the er4p are prefect for you

I'd second that, the Zune drives them very well.

Jun 12, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 15
It depends on what you want from an IEM really. Both are quite balanced and detailed sounding.

The ER4P put more emphasis in the highs. The highs are crystal clear and extend farther. They are also more detailed. The im716 unamped in HD mode sound less clear and less smooth but has more bass. Amped, the gap in detail and clarity becomes a little bit closer to the ER4P; though I still prefer the ER4P. The ER4P has smaller tubes so it fits easier into your ears.

Shures such as the E4s may work for you if you prioritize mids over highs.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanproj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how durable is e4c?

if the build is anything like the e3g, the nozzle can crack pretty easily because its a hollow, protruding tube

Jun 14, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

if the build is anything like the e3g, the nozzle can crack pretty easily because its a hollow, protruding tube

Well considering it isn't the same build, there's nothing to worry about. Doesn't even seem like the same plastics.

I've known many people who have the ER4P and ER4, and haven't heard of a single breakage. Mine have gone through nearly a year of constant abuse with no problems whatsoever... and I know a few Head-Fi'ers who have had pairs for many years now with no issue.

Jun 15, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #8 of 15
er-4P

Jun 15, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiezan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i used to use a e4g with my zune, and it worked very nicely
i recommend it.

Me too! I liked the sound a lot. Highs are there, but not as much as the E4p

Jun 15, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

I've had the e3 and I took it back. Great for accoustical and speach, if thats all you're listening to...

I abuse my e4 daily. I believe that the e4's build quality and materials are superior to the e3 in any and every way.

The nozzle is a hollow and protruding tube BUT its made of a different plastic (synthetic or semisynthetic polymerization product) than the e3. Its also totally, user replaceable. In fact, Shure includes a spare pair of nozzles with the e4s, just in case.

But if you're careful and treat $300 'phones (ORIGINAL m.s.r.p. don't bother correcting me) with a bit of respect and care, you'll find yourself rewarded with very accurate (dare I say, almost too accurate?) sound for nice campaign (campaign, being the usable lifespan of the product).

Jun 16, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine have gone through nearly a year of constant abuse with no problems whatsoever... and I know a few Head-Fi'ers who have had pairs for many years now with no issue.

by abuse what do you mean?

i want to just wrap them around my player and throw them in my backpack, kinda like what you would do with the stock buds. but not too sure if they can handle it.

in the other thread that i started, ppl are talking about unplugging them then put them in a pouch. sometimes, that's just kinda hard when you need to put them away on the go.

Jun 16, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #13 of 15
The Atrios M5 is the only sensible choice.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back