Percy Audio?
Mar 25, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 8
Yes, same thing happened to me. I waited for two weeks and then I canceled my order with Percy. Percy is very busy at the moment and it's not the first time.

Anyway, I asked partsconnexion if they could match Percy's prices, which they did. They also reply very promptly to emails, often within hours.

Mar 25, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 8
Percy is nice to deal with, but not when he's busy. I had to wait about 3-4 business days for him to respond, but after our first email, he responded quicker. He carries a wide variety of products and does price matches.

Mar 25, 2004 at 4:54 AM Post #4 of 8
I also switched away from Percy to Partsconnexion. He doesn't carry anything which you can not get somewhere else. And waiting weeks for replies and shipments is just unreasonable. But Michael doesn't seem to understand. So as a result he loses a lot of business. I have to believe that adding another employee would much more than pay their salary. Whatever...

Mar 25, 2004 at 5:46 AM Post #5 of 8
Yeah, the reason I wanted to order from percy was because they had 3300uf nichicon fg's and holcos. I am just going to buy the holcos from partsconnexion and stick with my panasonic fc's. I don't really get why he couldn't hire one more employee. I am definitely not ordering from him ever again.

JV.

Mar 25, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 8
I paid for my partsconnexion order Friday last week and got the package Wednesday. (Yes, I'm overseas.)

Percy is not even able to reply to his emails in that time...
rolleyes.gif

Mar 25, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #7 of 8
Percy is always busy, he was busy 2 years ago and if the situation hasn't changed that's only because there is really very little competition in this market and he knows you'll have to come back to him. You have parts connextion which has a catalog that shrinks by the week (e.g. Nichicons are almost gone, so are the teflon resistors, they're down to just a few types of everything). They do ship very fast, I get anything I order within 3 days but I need to fax and that's annoying. I am happy as long as Parts Connexion carries stuff I want but if you want anything fancy (e.g. bulk metail foil resistors that nobody, but nobody but Percy carries) then you have no choice. He probably should hire someone because it doesn't require skilled labour to pick up a part from a box and mail it, leaving him to concentrate on answering emails and offering advice.

Rule of Acquisition #95 - "Expand or die."

Mar 26, 2004 at 12:02 AM Post #8 of 8
There are few things I need that only Percy carries (if any). Bulk metal foil resistors and pots I've bought from Texas Components and Archaic Audio (they have a few S102 values that sell for $3).

Don't Mouser and Allied carry Nichicon caps? Maybe not the ones you're looking for.

I didn't need to use a fax for my pcx order. Only email.

Anyway, I'm a very happy pcx customer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back