Pepsi in 16oz glass bottles?
Oct 7, 2002 at 2:03 PM Post #16 of 27
You know guys. You should try Sangria Señorial. It's a grape drink that tastes like it has wine in it. It's one of my faves. You can find it at Mexican restaurants, specially those where you can find actual Mexicans eating. Try it, you'll like it for sure.

As for Coke, now they're selling it here in small glass bottles. They have less liquid than a can, but it tastes really good. Maybe you guys have seen those little bottles around.

Oct 7, 2002 at 2:25 PM Post #17 of 27
Hmmmmmm, cans are illegal here so we only get bottles of both Coke and Pepsi. It's always a big thing to go to the mainland and come back with a case of canned Coke.

Oct 7, 2002 at 3:00 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
Hmmmmmm, cans are illegal here so we only get bottles of both Coke and Pepsi. It's always a big thing to go to the mainland and come back with a case of canned Coke.

come again? cans are illegal? may i ask why?

Oct 7, 2002 at 3:09 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by lucien
come again? cans are illegal? may i ask why?

because it's canada.. DUH!
very_evil_smiley.gif

"Canada is like the balcony apartment above a huge party.." -robin williams
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2002 at 4:06 PM Post #20 of 27
aha! i found the answer...

Quote:

"Today, provincial programs affect non--refillable soft drink containers through the following regulatory and fiscal measures: a sales ban on soft drinks not sold in refillable bottles (PEI), container taxes (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia Newfoundland, and Manitoba), deposit--refund systems (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland), a mandated refillable market share requirement (Ontario), and an impending landfill ban (Nova Scotia)."

So it appears that it's a recycling thing. Funny, I always thought that cans would be better for the environment than plastic bottles.

Meh, live and learn.

Oct 7, 2002 at 4:21 PM Post #21 of 27
The recycling thing is kinda of an excuse. I most of us believe that it's to keep the local bottler in business. It's really kind of stupid because we can recycle a can of soup but not a Coke can.

Oct 7, 2002 at 8:14 PM Post #23 of 27
Elnero. I guess that's just another item to add to my list of why Canada sucks.

Kelly, I've had Weinhard's Root Beer and I liked that stuff. Ahhh, carbonated sugar water is the crack of nerdom. In other news, that raccoon is too damn cute.

Oct 7, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by mbriant

I think I'll take a trip to Buffalo soon, just to get a few bottles. OneMalt: where can they be found?

Most of the local/regional super market chains...Wegmans, Tops, etc.

Oct 7, 2002 at 11:12 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

The recycling thing is kinda of an excuse. I most of us believe that it's to keep the local bottler in business. It's really kind of stupid because we can recycle a can of soup but not a Coke can.

This must be a Prince Edward Island thing only, because all we have in Ontario is cans and plastic bottles.

Oct 11, 2002 at 2:27 AM Post #26 of 27
If I ever take a day trip to see Niagra Falls from Pittsburgh, I guess I'll stop in Buffalo to pick up a couple of cases. The shipping costs would be astronomical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back