People who biologically can't enjoy music
Mar 8, 2014 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sonido

1000+ Head-Fier
http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/6/5477622/bad-brains-some-people-incapable-of-enjoying-music

Interesting read. I'm glad I'm not one of those people. But this experiment they did has me wondering if they had used high end, high fidelity headphones, like HD800 or SR-009, would the results be any different. I think if I was to participate in their experiment and they had me use some $20 headphones, I probably wouldn't elicit a response either since I'm used to good headphones, and they'd deem me one of those who can't enjoy music.
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #2 of 5
The persons I know who are tone deaf are also more or less indifferent to music, regardless of sex or other factors.

A considerable minority of audiophiles I've met over the years have been pretty indifferent to music. It's more like fascinating sound effects for some of them.

Mar 17, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 5
In the novel Century Rain by Alastair Reynolds, a future civil war included a bio-weapon that infected the brain and removed the ability to understand & enjoy music. This was supposed to so demoralize the enemy, that they would choose to join the other side, which had a way to repair the damage using nanotechnology.

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 5
  http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/6/5477622/bad-brains-some-people-incapable-of-enjoying-music

Interesting read. I'm glad I'm not one of those people. But this experiment they did has me wondering if they had used high end, high fidelity headphones, like HD800 or SR-009, would the results be any different. I think if I was to participate in their experiment and they had me use some $20 headphones, I probably wouldn't elicit a response either since I'm used to good headphones, and they'd deem me one of those who can't enjoy music.
tongue.gif

Well there are people who got no soul (and I'm not talking about gingers, but imagine that line being said by a black guy with a brass instrument that isn't just on his knuckles).

Jun 16, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #5 of 5
It’s not just music. I believe there are many people who can’t enjoy art, high quality cinema, delicious foods, travel, cultures, etc.... My mom is sort of the type who does not enjoy food thus she’s a terrible cook.

That said, it is not a way to judge their character. I’ve seen people who are brilliant and geniuses but when they talk about music, arts, movies, food, etc..,.,, they appear to be clueless in those particular fields.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back