People near Detroit?
Nov 10, 2011 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

yokochamas

New Head-Fier
So, i am moving on from my ATH-A700s, and looking for a new headphone. i don't know any places around here that stock headphones i could try out, so i'm wondering if anyone here is somewhere near Detroit or Oakland county and would let me do some quick listening. the ones i'm checking out are the TRP50 and K271 MK-II. or, if you have a headphone in that price range which has a more prominent low end without a recessed mid, i'd be curious to hear them.

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #2 of 7
Isn't Detroit where Jude is from? Hit him up maybe you'll get on the next headfi tv  segment
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 7
This is good to hear. do either of you have those particular ones i was looking at, or something else you think would help me in understanding better mids and such within that budget?

Edit: i remember seeing Jude's review of that modified, wood cup TRP50, but that's an unrealistic option for my budget.

Nov 10, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 7
I'm only near Detroit in a very general sense, but I am in Michigan. We've got a K240, but no 271s. My headphone of choice from what I believe to be that price range is the DT770/250, but I expect they'd fall under your category of recessed mids.

Nov 12, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #7 of 7
The phones you're considering aren't generally units that hi-fi stores carry, but shops catering to recording engineers and studios might.

Whichever Guitar Center is nearest to you ought to have the AKG and Fostex phones available for tryout. The Best Buys with guitar sections might also carry some of those. Phone around and ask. Main problem with these shops is it's going to be hard to find a quiet space to audition them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back