PEOPLE IN Virginia!!! Give a 30+ year old man a job to feed his family.
Jun 23, 2003 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

xlifez

500+ Head-Fier
i know a guy who really needs a job. hes about 30+ and has a 4 year old daughter, and a 5 year old son, he has been laidoff for sometime. and really needs a job.

hes located in Beltway Washington D.C.
AREA and has a Master in Business Administration and Master in Information System degree from John's Hopkins University
"My speciality still in Business Development in Health Care and IT management"
so could you help him out with a job? thanks!

Jul 1, 2003 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 18
come on guys! i only got one reply on this, need more, the more the merrier!

if you were in this situation wouldn't you want people to help you get a job!?
frown.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 18
Hmm.. maybe he should look through hospital listings and those of area pharmaceuticals?.. I highly doubt you'll find any employers here, as most of us are looking for jobs, as well..

I mean, with an MBA and MIS degree, it can't be _that hard_ to find a job. Maybe he's looking for too much.. I dunno.. but perhaps he and his family should consider relocating to a different area, as well..

Jul 2, 2003 at 1:39 AM Post #5 of 18
tell him to sign mowing contracts out with the city.. in dallas they pay $55 a lawn... and that's a normal size lawn from what i hear.. it's hard work.. but it'll get you in shape.. unless you have a rider of course.

Jul 2, 2003 at 2:26 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by MERTON
tell him to sign mowing contracts out with the city.. in dallas they pay $55 a lawn... and that's a normal size lawn from what i hear.. it's hard work.. but it'll get you in shape.. unless you have a rider of course.

The MERTON has spoken. Mowing lawns is clearly this man's destiny (regardless of how many degrees he may or may not have). You're a genius, MERTON. If only everyone else could be granted the gift of your sage advice, this world would be a better place.

- Chris

Jul 2, 2003 at 6:30 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

PEOPLE IN Virgina!!! Give a 30+ year old man a job to feed his family.

You might need to correct the thread title.
biggrin.gif
I hope your friend will find a job soon.

Purk

Jul 2, 2003 at 10:05 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

come on guys! i only got one reply on this, need more, the more the merrier!

How many active members, who live in Virginia, who have the ability to offer jobs to people with two specialized Masters degrees, AND who are actually looking to hire at this particular moment in time, an unknown someone who lives in Washington State, do you think are here? I'm amazed you got even one response.

Jul 2, 2003 at 10:40 PM Post #13 of 18
Isn't it kinda hard to go out and look for jobs when you're mowing lawns all day?

Maybe the $55 is because it's so gosh-darned hot in Texas that it's like hazard pay... After 2 lawns you get heat stroke. 3 lawns and you've lost about 50% of your body's water content. 4 lawns you get second degree burns. And 5 lawns.. "Ma! Go git the shovel. We gots another one o' dem brown lumps on our lawn agin!!"

Jul 2, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Isn't it kinda hard to go out and look for jobs when you're mowing lawns all day?

It's harder to watch your kids go hungry while you wait for the perfect job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back