People dying :(
Sep 12, 2003 at 10:30 AM Post #2 of 22
frown.gif

Cash was sick for a long time now, so I can't say I didn't see that one coming. But, John Ritter's death was shocking, that one came out of nowhere.

Johnny Cash was one of the greatest country musicians of all times, even people who hated country music like him, he was always the coolest.

John Ritter, I remember watching Three's Company as a kid, stupid as all hell and just as funny. Every plot was the same but it didn't matter, I still laughed. Last time I saw John Ritter was on the Conan O'Brien Show, he looked fine and made odd jokes about his balls
smily_headphones1.gif

They will both be missed
frown.gif

Sep 12, 2003 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 22
I was a fan of "Three's Company" too (still watch it on rare occasion) and I laughed too. IMO it was one of the better sitcoms, some of it was bad but there were some really well written episodes as well. One of those shows where you grow to feel some affection for the characters.

Very much a bummer, indeed...
frown.gif

Sep 12, 2003 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 22
Yep, it's a sad day. I had just gotten into Cash's music too recently. He was very talented and will be missed by many. This is a loss for music fans.

Sep 12, 2003 at 1:53 PM Post #5 of 22
johnny cash was an incredible musician and songwriter. i consider him to be an Elvis or Beatles in our time; the man's name outgrew his genre.

how many seventy years olds do you know that will listen to nine inch nails and then perform a cover of it?
smily_headphones1.gif
truly a great man, and i look forward to getting to hear more and more of his music in my near future (me having just started my johnny cash collection recently).

a sad day, but at least there wasn't any terrorism yesterday, and it is, after all, friday.

Sep 12, 2003 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 22
Don't forget Depeche Mode, Simon & Garfunkel, and Sting among others.

I think I remember Jon Ritter best from Slingblade, where he played a gay shopkeeper I believe. Great, dark movie.

Sep 12, 2003 at 5:09 PM Post #7 of 22
sure seems like these things come in three's

1. Warren Zevon
2. Johnny Cash
3. John Ritter

spooky.....

I'll miss all three, John Ritter was a very under recognised physical comedian, three's company may not have been the smartest show of all time but his physicality made it so funny at times I could have pissed myself.

and his work in sling blade was excellent, it showed that he could act in a "legitimate" forum, it was a great part for him and he made the absolute best of it, one of my favorite films.

Sep 12, 2003 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 22
frown.gif

Sep 12, 2003 at 5:24 PM Post #9 of 22
i'm shocked over the death of John Ritter. i remember watching the premiere episode of Three's Company back in 1977 when i was 7 years old. as a child, it was my favorite TV show (that and Wonder Woman, of course
wink.gif
). Three's Company might not have been the smartest show around but it did push the envelope and help break down some taboos on 1970s network TV.

RIP John Ritter.

Sep 12, 2003 at 6:44 PM Post #11 of 22
yeah, maybe they come in fours, I don't know, it just seems like alot of them lately. I just hope some of my favorites like Don Knotts and Dick Van Dyke hold on for awhile longer.

Sep 12, 2003 at 7:16 PM Post #12 of 22
On top of that he went out with a great album... still in the public's eye. Not to many artists have that happen...
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
johnny cash was an incredible musician and songwriter. i consider him to be an Elvis or Beatles in our time; the man's name outgrew his genre.

how many seventy years olds do you know that will listen to nine inch nails and then perform a cover of it?
smily_headphones1.gif
truly a great man, and i look forward to getting to hear more and more of his music in my near future (me having just started my johnny cash collection recently).

a sad day, but at least there wasn't any terrorism yesterday, and it is, after all, friday.

Sep 12, 2003 at 7:17 PM Post #13 of 22
Hurt

I hurt myself today
to see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
the only thing that's real
the needle tears a hole
the old familiar sting
try to kill it all away
but I remember everything
what have I become?
my sweetest friend
everyone I know
goes away in the end
you could have it all
my empire of dirt

I will let you down
I will make you hurt

I wear my crown of thorns
on my liar's chair
full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
beneath the stain of time
the feeling disappears
you are someone else
I am still right here
what have I become?
my sweetest friend
everyone I know
goes away in the end
you could have it all
my empire of dirt

I will let you down
I will make you hurt

if I could start again
a million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way

This song is even sadder with Cash dead. Listening to it is very powerful.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back