People are true to their iBuds!
Apr 5, 2006 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 71

cheechoz

Headphoneus Supremus
After going into the city on the subway yesterday, and seeing what I saw, I said to myself that I had to let everyone know about this one!

Right in front of me a cute girl opens up her bag and pulls out a nice looking Sony portable CDP. All looks normal, except all of a sudden, she takes out some earbuds to use, and low and behold, they are none other than a pair of iBuds!!
eek.gif

What the heck is going on here, I said!
eek.gif
She will buy a Sony CDP, and an iPod, but she won't go out and get some decent cans, what's this world coming to!!
rolleyes.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 9:55 AM Post #2 of 71
I'm surprised you take notice of since we're in NYC. I thought you were going to say you were surprised she used ibuds without the ipod itself haha.

Apr 5, 2006 at 10:18 AM Post #3 of 71
It's a sad fact of life in the audio world that most people don't realise that with cheaper equipment they are only ever actually hearing a small part of the information available in a recording.

You need a reasonable pair of cans, even with your portables.

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 71
Yup, to most people, that crappy sound is adequate enough...spending more money isn't worth it to them.

Yet the same people will go pay $2,500 for a widescreen TV when there $700 35" Sony has as good or even a better picture quality. Go figure.

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 71
I see a lot of people on the NYC subway with iPod headphones... who sneakily pull out a CD player. They think they're fooling us.

Apr 5, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #8 of 71
the ipod earbuds are pretty decent. they sound clean and don't offend. i use them often, especially with the shuffle, so convenient and easy to stash.

Apr 5, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #10 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis
But maybe their smarter than we think they are.
tongue.gif
iBuds may actually sound better than the stock CD player headphones.

hmm... and maybe they spell better too?
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
But yeah there are worst fates than stock ibuds.
eek.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #12 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
hmm... and maybe they spell better too?
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
But yeah there are worst fates than stock ibuds.
eek.gif

Err.. it should be worse fate than stock iBuds
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
You are comparing using "than" as a qualifier, ain't you?

Love,
Guru Grammar Nazi.

Apr 5, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #13 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
No she wasnt trying to fool us, or is she smarter, or better at spelling

Sony + ibuds

= she was clearly insane

Well she was quite classy by the way she was dressed, a hottie to say the least, so this would lead me to beleive that the poor thing is just misguided!
eek.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 2:53 PM Post #14 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
Well she was quite classy by the way she was dressed, a hottie to say the least, so this would lead me to beleive that the poor thing is just misguided!
eek.gif

She would have been hotter with SR60s.

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:15 PM Post #15 of 71
I can see that some people don't mind their crappy sound, or others who use them as some sort of status symbol, but the problem is they simply don't stay in place, and are even ****tier that way. Lots of ambient noise entering the ear canal, forcing one to use louder volumes than could be considered safe. IMHO an alltogether piece of crap.

But thanks for the heads up, I will check if I can dump mine on eBay.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back