Pentaconn 4.4mm y Furutech 4.4mm,is there any difference?
Mar 24, 2024 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RockLee

New Head-Fier
Good friends, I have seen that the 4.4mm inputs have been used more lately and I have seen that these terminals also exist but with better features

Pentaconn 4.4mm (copper and gold) and Furutech 4.4mm (copper and rhodium), how is it different, is there any advantage over the other? Is there something in the sound that changes with the other?

I await your answers, thank you

BeFunky-collage.jpg

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 6
For longtivity, the Furutech with Rodium is better than gold plated with scratch. Gold will be easy to get scratch even after a few plugging in/out.
For SQ, both are actually top tier in the market in term of detail, resolution; however, they are different in sound signature.
  • Pentaconn have thick signature with vocal centric and quite thick, soft bass section. The expand in width decrease with the depth of sound stage increase.
  • Furutech have a more open, vivid and lively sound signature. The bass is clear with more punch and micro transient, contrast over FR.
  • I always feel that the Carbon Version one sound better.

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #3 of 6
For longtivity, the Furutech with Rodium is better than gold plated with scratch. Gold will be easy to get scratch even after a few plugging in/out.
For SQ, both are actually top tier in the market in term of detail, resolution; however, they are different in sound signature.
  • Pentaconn have thick signature with vocal centric and quite thick, soft bass section. The expand in width decrease with the depth of sound stage increase.
  • Furutech have a more open, vivid and lively sound signature. The bass is clear with more punch and micro transient, contrast over FR.
  • I always feel that the Carbon Version one sound better.
If the gold on the pentaconn version gets scratched, will it affect the sound? Or is it just to conduct electricity?

I also want to have a 4.4mm cable and I don't know if the pentaconn version will end up degrading the sound if the gold goes away. It's possible?

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #5 of 6
Good friends, I have seen that the 4.4mm inputs have been used more lately and I have seen that these terminals also exist but with better features

Pentaconn 4.4mm (copper and gold) and Furutech 4.4mm (copper and rhodium), how is it different, is there any advantage over the other? Is there something in the sound that changes with the other?

I await your answers, thank you

BeFunky-collage.jpg
Buy better wire, that will sound different, there is not one person on planet earth that can hear the difference of a connector

Users who are viewing this thread

Back