Penon Audio 10th Anniversary Commemorative In-Ear Monitor
Aug 12, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #16 of 20
See that’s the thing.......the 10th Anniversary has a little of everything they’ve done, but it is also different in that it has a midrange emphasis, but not like others. Meaning some may hear the midrange as slightly less involved, where there is definitely a treble and a big bass showcased. But maybe that midrange is what makes the 10th unique, just the style of it. I have heard 14 Penons/ISN IEMs total. But it is hard to say what the 10th is most like? Maybe a better question to you is what are your top 5 favorite IEMs and I will try to recommend something similar in the Penon/ISN line? Just so you know, the 10th is my most favorite IEM they have ever made. Just the overall sound I really like, as well as the fit, it fits me the best of all of them.

Of course from left field is to suggest the Penon Serial. The wild thing is before the Serial came out there was nothing exactly as warm/neutral as it. Now the confusing thing is in a way it is the opposite of the 10th! Still the Serial showcases 3 DDs all of a different caliber. There is really nothing like it. Yet you can still also find the Penon midrange inside. So the crazy part is it is a recommendation, yet that’s kinda how Penon/ISN is, you can recommend the opposite of the 10th and still the buyer will be happy!
Great question! My favorites tend to fluctuate, and differ by a bit, but I would say Kiwi Ears Quintet, Thieaudio Oracle, Aful Performer 5, Yume Midnight, and the 10th Anniversary. There are probably a few others and I’ll add them as I think of them…

Aug 12, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #17 of 20
Great question! My favorites tend to fluctuate, and differ by a bit, but I would say Kiwi Ears Quintet, Thieaudio Oracle, Aful Performer 5, Yume Midnight, and the 10th Anniversary. There are probably a few others and I’ll add them as I think of them…
Of those I’ve only heard the Quintet. Still I have a feeling you would really like the Serial as your second Penon. Reason being that it’s very inoffensive. But more than that there is a smoothness and an organic way it presents stage that is like nothing you have heard. So it’s at the same time unique and easily accessible. Also it seems to be loved my many, it would in fact be almost complementary to the 10th in how it does midrange. Meaning here is this IEM that still has the Penon sound and is related to the 10th, but at the same time is full of midrange, so you can get an idea as to how Penon does midrange (to a different level). It’s strangely the opposite of the Quintet too, being way warmer and even more cohesive than the Quintet. Where the top end is more relaxed but not missing anything, simply offering waves of analog sound, in contrast to the more detail allocated to treble with the Quintet. And while the Quintet’s midrange is nice, it doesn’t have all the (midrange) detail or involvement of what the Serial is known for.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #18 of 20
Of those I’ve only heard the Quintet. Still I have a feeling you would really like the Serial as your second Penon. Reason being that it’s very inoffensive. But more than that there is a smoothness and an organic way it presents stage that is like nothing you have heard. So it’s at the same time unique and easily accessible. Also it seems to be loved my many, it would in fact be almost complementary to the 10th in how it does midrange. Meaning here is this IEM that still has the Penon sound and is related to the 10th, but at the same time is full of midrange, so you can get an idea as to how Penon does midrange (to a different level). It’s strangely the opposite of the Quintet too, being way warmer and even more cohesive than the Quintet. Where the top end is more relaxed but not missing anything, simply offering waves of analog sound, in contrast to the more detail allocated to treble with the Quintet. And while the Quintet’s midrange is nice, it doesn’t have all the (midrange) detail or involvement of what the Serial is known for.
Agree with you completely re Serial. It's unique and one of the best deals on the planet.

Aug 12, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #19 of 20
Agree with you completely re Serial. It's unique and one of the best deals on the planet.
Thank-you. Well even if he blends with the 10th, there is no better ambassador to the Penon sound, and being he already has the 10th........no better way to continue with the Penon introduction!

Aug 13, 2023 at 12:59 AM Post #20 of 20
Anyone that is looking for the perfect upgrade from the Penon CS819, could find the new ISN CS02 Cable perfect.
e33.jpeg
DSC_0151.jpeglight.jpeg
DSC_0031.jpegs.jpeg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/the-isn-audio-cs02-audiophile-iem-cable.26655/reviews#review-31472

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back