PenguinAmps?
Jul 27, 2009 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Sinty

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I've got a chance to get one in great shape for around 30 bucks, they are going for 129$ on their site, its the royal version i think.

Worth it?

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 17
Only you can make a value judgment like that.

Jul 28, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #4 of 17
I am looking at the picture of it, and I don't see where it connects to anything. I only see the port where headphones connect into it. Am I wrong in thinking this was made for a portable device of some type? Maybe it's inside of the box or something, or on the other side of the device in the pic, but I am not seeing anything else but the port to stick your headphones into it.

Jul 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 17
Hmmm... looks like there are two jacks, and I assume one is for input and one is for output...

10054_0.jpg

10054_3.jpg

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 17
well again thats what I am asking. What connects to the mp3 player? I have no idea how these work or understand them.

You need another cable or something? I see as mentioned, a line in and out, but not another end like on headphones that stick into the mp3 player coming from the box.

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #9 of 17
any chance i can get those cheap? can someone link me to what i need on amazon, or even radioshack or walmart if they even carry it. Also, I dont know it if matters but i dont use an ipod, i use a samsung p3

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #10 of 17
I called samsung and they said they dont have anything like that. Is there a specific cable or dock that i need just for my samsung p2/3? Or can i just find a"mini to mini" adaptor...gah im so confused.

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #11 of 17
Just get a mini to mini and be done with it. Let me show u.
img0143slo.jpg

Now, you could have found a picture just like this if you had searched a little bit, like in the portable source gear forum where they have pictures of their portable rigs with amps. Go figure eh ?

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I called samsung and they said they dont have anything like that. Is there a specific cable or dock that i need just for my samsung p2/3? Or can i just find a"mini to mini" adaptor...gah im so confused.

You actually called Samsung to ask them about all this? gosh man you ought to spend a few hours at the portable section for some good read

Jul 29, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not one shred of evidence of a samsung brand plug. I have samsung credit, I called to find out if they had it, sue me.

I don't think EFN meant it as a slight, I think he was just surprised.
wink.gif

You can use a mini-to-mini plug cable to take your MP3 player headphone output and plug it into the line-in on the amp. Then, of course, plug the headphones straight into the amp. 3.5mm (or 1/8 inch) mini-to-mini interconnect cables can be found cheaply (or even expensively, if you want to upgrade). The Line-Out-Dock adapter for the iPod is a bit more expensive but can be found from a number of sources. It would also plug into the line-in on your amp.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

PS - These are some expensive choices:

http://www.aloaudio.com/store/index....dex&cPath=2_39

and a cheaper choice:

http://www.headphone.com/products/ca...mini-cable.php

...Radio Shack has them even cheaper, but the quality of the cable may make the sound suffer.

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #15 of 17
Guys, sorry to hijack the thread but I bought the Caffeine Amp and don't know how to adjust the volume control. I mean, should I turn the caffeine volume down and up the one of my computer or the contrary?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back