PenguinAmp order
Jun 24, 2008 at 8:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Sotiris

500+ Head-Fier
Is anyone here from the headphonia site?i ordered the penquin caffeine amp before 9 days and my order is still pending.I send them an email but no reply....If someone knows something or has ordered from them i would be happy to inform me.

Jun 24, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 11
I'm definitely not from Headphonia's site, but have ordered an amp from them. It took a little longer than I was hoping for to get it & email replies were not always prompt, but Robert more than made things right by me. It might not be the speediest process ever, but you will get your amp & it'll be a good product. No worries.

Jun 24, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 11
Same as above!
took a while but that was becase the site apparently said were in process of building amps!
Think Robert builds then ships them himself!
I got the caffeine ultra and it only fuelled my addiction on to better things lol
Is a very tidy cmoy type amp and has some neat lil touches inside!!
Just bide your time and he will sort you out!
If need be email him and he will try to sort you out i'm sure!

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #4 of 11
thank u very much for your replies...today i got to the site and i saw that the caffeine ultra is sold out.i bought the simple version...i hope they still build this model.

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 11
they still build both as far as i know!!
should email him to find out where you stand!
Can take a lil while to reply but generally will get back to you!

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #6 of 11
How does the Penguin compare to some of the other amps around like the Predator (for a point of reference) or other commonly heard amps? It has intrigued me for some time. I like the way it looks internally. Reminds me of my Monica II dac in an Altoid tin that I build.

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the Penguin compare to some of the other amps around like the Predator (for a point of reference) or other commonly heard amps? It has intrigued me for some time. I like the way it looks internally. Reminds me of my Monica II dac in an Altoid tin that I build.

The Penguin amp is supposed to be basically the same thing as a Headstage Lyrix (not Pro) in a mint tin.

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As an amp only, the Penguin is comfortable being in the same room with the Predator, Pico, 2Move, HeadSix, iBasso D1, iBasso D2, Headroom MicroAmp and Headstage Lyrix. While it is not the best, it is not a bad amp at all.

Jun 26, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #9 of 11
Any idea if one of these would benefit my HD555s? I'm considering getting a sub $100 amp for them. Or should I just get a standard cmoy on ebay? I dont even know where to post this question now with the forum split into more sections. I want to use it for portable and home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back